banjo uke decision

hoosierhills

Reaction score
Hey gang, I'm going to purchase a banjo uke soon. I am considering a Waverly Street concert or a Midnight Special tenor. I,m comfortable playing either size and was wondering if there were any drawbacks to either size as far as sound. Also in the mix might be a Firefly concert.

Eddy Finn makes four different configurations of the concert scale banjo ukulele. Morgan Monroe makes 2 different configurations of a tenor. All are very reasonably priced. I have 'em all in stock.

I have a Goldtone tenor I might be interested in selling. It's a great uke and barely played. PM me if interested.

One thing you might want to consider is tunings and strings. Mine is strictly reentrant, at least with unwound strings that I prefer. It came gCEA and I have dGBE on it now but low G was a no go with the size of the tailpiece holes. I did contact Waverly Street once and Dave assured me his could switch between high and low G no problem.

I have been extremely happy with my Firefly. Lightweight, sounds great and plays like a dream!

Scooter

Top Bottom