A small inci dent

Timbuck

Reaction score
It was like this..Mrs Timbuck after several days of work finally completed the French Polishing and say's to me "this one is now ready for setting up"..Her parting words were "Be carefull with this one, it has a nice finish"..So I took it into the workshop and placed it on the bench on top of some protective material..I started to sort out some strings and tuners..when suddenly i heard a clonking noise..when I turned around the uke was on the floor under the bench..Some how it had decided to drop me in the s** by throwing itself off the bench onto some bending equipment stored below :( and when I picked it up I noticed a deep dent on the lower bout :mad:...I ended up sheepishly taking it back to Mrs Timbuck and asking Her if She could do some thing to fix it :eek:

Ken Timms, 3.40 PM, 21st Jan 2016 North East England..in the dog house.:wallbash:

Dents = character (once sold though I suspect).

I think you might be due to get some character.

Get yourself down the shops and come back with a box of chocs and some flowers :)

Hmm...sounds like you have a suicidal ukulele on your hands. Better learn some blues tunes

Amazing remedy ..filled the dent (which was about 10mm long by 2.5mm wide and .25mm deep) with CA glue...and it was scraped & sanded level, and then a couple of coats of Tru-Oil on the area...and now it's 95% invisible ;) ..you can only see it if you know where to look.:D.

That's a relief, Ken. I was about to thank you for your final post and wish you well in the afterlife.
Miguel

So what happened? Was it placed near the edge of the bench, or did you snag a string on the cloth under it and pull it toward the edge, or did it truly spontaneously jump while you were too far away to have possibly been involved?

I'd say you were very lucky to have only one dent, and not several plus cracks :)

So what happened? Was it placed near the edge of the bench, or did you snag a string on the cloth under it and pull it toward the edge, or did it truly spontaneously jump while you were too far away to have possibly been involved?

I'd say you were very lucky to have only one dent, and not several plus cracks :)
being a fan of "Air crash Disasters" on TV..I decided to work out what must have happened scientifically.:) This what I came up with.
I took a small wooly blanket into the shed to protect this little soprano...I folded the blanket 3 or 4 times placed it on the bench and pressed it down, and then I balanced the uke on top of it, while went to sort out some setting up tools and stuff...I recon that the folded blanket started to decompress (like rising bread) and then the shiny polished arched back of the uke slid off the blanket onto the bench and then skidded off the edge of the bench bounced off my chair onto the floor under the bench, there it came into contact with a sharp corner of my back bender gizmo.. ouch!!...Could have happened to anyone :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Kinda like the tree jumping in front of my dad's car when I took it for a ride as a teenager. Can happen to anyone.........really

This is going the way of endless utube videos, Newton's third law states that the Uke couldn't possibly free fall without a controlled push from someone.
We just have to work out who was in the vicinty.

This is going the way of endless utube videos, Newton's third law states that the Uke couldn't possibly free fall without a controlled push from someone.
We just have to work out who was in the vicinty.

3 letter ... begining with K and ending in N ... not pointing any fingers of course <cough>

Top Bottom