Kamaka reveals its centennial headstock

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Kamaka revealed its centennial headstock at NAMM today and posted this photo on its Facebook page with the caption: "Kamaka Ukulele 100th Anniversary headstock on all stock models now available through our authorized dealers."

attachment.php

Is anyone planning to buy a stock Kamaka ukulele this year for the centennial headstock?

It's really elegant! If a stock HP-1L with the centennial headstock showed up at my local shop, I'd have a tough time *not* snapping it up. I just might have to put in a request with their buyer... :)

Just when I thought UAS had subsided...........Damn you Mark ;)

It's very nice, very classy. I was afraid the double k would be gone, but there it is! I also like those tuner buttons, BTW. The usual ones are pearly white.

But I'm not in the market for any ukes. I love my 2014 pineapple, and don't plan on buying any more instruments any time soon.

It really pops on a black headstock. Here is a photo from my sprint around the NAMM floor this morning:

It really pops on a black headstock. Here is a photo from my sprint around the NAMM floor this morning:

Both look nice ... Eddie!

Me like. Me Want.

I am so envious ... would have loved to have been at NAMM 2016!

Last edited:
Nice! The UAS temptations are strong with this one...

And if you really want to celebrate, check into this special edition Pineapple, with gorgeous rosette and pineapple inlay on the fretboard. It was under glass next to the original pineapple Kamaka, so sorry for the reflection. But you get the idea.

And if you really want to celebrate, check into this special edition Pineapple, with gorgeous rosette and pineapple inlay on the fretboard. It was under glass next to the original pineapple Kamaka, so sorry for the reflection. But you get the idea.

Jeepers! Not my plain-jane style at all but I gotta say for a uke with bling, this isn't half bad :)

Put me down for a Tenor. Love that slotted headstock! :drool:

That pineapple is special indeed. I love the rosette. I'm sure it will fetch a high price, though I do feel sad at the thought that so many of them will be kept under glass like that and never played.

That pineapple is special indeed. I love the rosette. I'm sure it will fetch a high price, though I do feel sad at the thought that so many of them will be kept under glass like that and never played.

why? This is a one off build or many of these won't be built. Future generations can admire them. Secondly, some might be sold later and nothing like getting a pristine vintage uke! I love seeing a NUD for a 1920s Martin uke!

There will be plenty of stock centennial Kamaka ukes sold that will get abused :p

why? This is a one off build or many of these won't be built. Future generations can admire them. Secondly, some might be sold later and nothing like getting a pristine vintage uke! I love seeing a NUD for a 1920s Martin uke!

There will be plenty of stock centennial Kamaka ukes sold that will get abused :p

It's an instrument, it's meant to be played, not a museum piece. I just feel like it wants to make sweet music! :D I play my instruments and they're not abused. They're in good shape, I don't have long fingernails and beat the crap out of the soundboard.

Top Bottom