NUD - Kiwaya KTC-1

pluck

Reaction score
If you ever check for used Kiwayas on eBay then you know that they don't appear very often. Last week I was doing my usually fruitless search when way down at the very bottom of the listing, down below the Kiwaya felt picks, I saw a Kiwaya KTC-1 listed with the best offer option available. The listing stated that the uke was in perfect condition, unused, and numbered 036. I could tell it was older because it has ebony rather than bone for the nut and saddle. It looked promising so I counted my pennies, made my best offer and it was accepted.

Now that I have it, the uke really does appear to be unused. I can't guess how old it is but it's in perfect condition. It sounds great and I think we're going to become very good friends. Here it is pictured with its smaller brother, a Timms Style 0 soprano:

IMG_0578.jpg

If anyone can make an educated guess about the age of this uke I'd like to hear it.

Last edited:
Congratulations. Great choice. I have been considering one for a number of days.

Great score Pluck. Now that you have 2 instruments you have a collection.

Are those some sort of strap connectors on the headstock. If so, where can I get them? I've been looking for something like that. Thanks

Nice find! I have 3 Famous (their cheaper Japanese laminate brand) and they're fabulous.

Nice score!

Are those some sort of strap connectors on the headstock. If so, where can I get them? I've been looking for something like that. Thanks

Yes, they are from Uke Leash. The original Uke Leash is designed for use without a button but they have a button friendly design as well.

Thanks for all the comments. I heard from the seller this morning and he told me that he bought the uke in around 2008.

Nice, don't you love finding treasures...kind of like the Pono I snagged about a month ago.

Top Bottom