Mim NAMM Demo: Ohana Sopranisimo

Rtnrlfy

Reaction score
Oh drat... I thought I was perfectly satisfied with my sopraninos. Sigh. UAS hits again.

ETA: NFI, just thought it would be of interest to folks.

Nice...I like the geared tuners. The peghead tuners on my SK 21 are hard to tune acurate.

Thanks Mim. Keep us updated. It's better than being there. All the best uke news and no crowds.

–Lori

I love mini ukes! Been thinking about getting the Ohana SK-21A (cedar/rosewood sopranino) since its so pretty. The sopranissimo model in Mim's video is tempting. I've tried the Kala version and thought it was over built, although fun to play.

Mim, you're terrific but when shooting video, please, please always turn your device sideways so when viewing the video it will fill the computer or TV screen 3 times larger then upright. (A major pet peeve of mine.)

Mim, you're terrific but when shooting video, please, please always turn your device sideways so when viewing the video it will fill the computer or TV screen 3 times larger then upright. (A major pet peeve of mine.)

Haha... What you don't see is it is a teenie teenie tiny room! There is no place to put the iPad and still see me, so I have to sit on the floor and balance the iPad on my feet to get me and the Uke in the shot. If I turn the iPad you would just see the side of my knee and no one wants that! Haha.

I am one woman show. So it is kind of funny to see how I have to innovate to make things work. Once while doing a demo a guy opened the door on me making my iPad flip off my feet and out of the door. He was shocked. Haha.

Haha... What you don't see is it is a teenie teenie tiny room! There is no place to put the iPad and still see me, so I have to sit on the floor and balance the iPad on my feet to get me and the Uke in the shot.

I'd like to see a video of that!!! :shaka:

Hey, how about a demo of the Ohana 8-string concert!!!

But I dont have to carry my feet around ;)

I actually have an iPad cover that has a rotating hand strap on the back, might be the ticket so you can slip it over your foot, then be able to turn it sideways or upright. It also has a built in stand, I love it.

Slate shield strap.png

I actually have an iPad cover that has a rotating hand strap on the back, might be the ticket so you can slip it over your foot, then be able to turn it sideways or upright. It also has a built in stand, I love it.

Slate shield strap.png

All you would get extra in your field of vision is more of the quiet room foam. And sideways I would not have enough space to get the full shot. I promise. You are not missing much. Just enjoy it for What it is. A fun series of inpromtu demos. There are plenty of professionally shot NAMM vids out there :)

Sweet!

I'm still on the hunt for a good travel uke...these two sound tempting!

Thanks for the vid, Mim...I care not which way you orient your iPad just keep the vid's coming!

Top Bottom