NAMM video shooting (and any) suggestion.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
With the NAMM show in full progress and many UU members there shooting video, I thought I would make a suggestion to everyone. I'm a photographer and also shoot videos, one of my major pet peeves is watching a video that was shot with the device turned upright, rather than sideways. Shooting sideways allows the video to fill the TV or computer screen with a 3 times larger picture than shooting upright. So whenever you shoot a video with a phone or tablet, please, please always turn it sideways.

Also, if you have an iPhone or iPad, turn it so the volume controls are on top because the volume up button is also the shutter release for the camera app, a lot easier to than trying to touch the red record button on the screen.

Shooting sideways allows the video to fill the TV or computer screen with a 3 times larger picture than shooting upright. So whenever you shoot a video with a phone or tablet, please, please always turn it sideways.

When I shoot video with my iPhone, if I hold the phone lengthwise, the video comes out sideways. Any way to fix that?

There's a control in the quick slide up menu to lock or unlock rotation, you probably need to unlock it. Then when you shoot a video sideways, you also play it back and turn it sideways.

Top Bottom