NUD! Mele mahogany concert pineapple

deschutestrout

Reaction score
I absolutely love my Mele tenor ... and was hunting for a concert-size pineapple. I was considering a few, but knew from past experience that I couldn't miss with a Mele.

Great service from them! I called Mele direct, asked them to hand pick the best player. They emailed photos of their current stock ... and added a note that said that everyone in the shop played them all, and all agreed that one stood out. So, that's the one I ordered!

They were happy to restring with high G, get the action precisely where I wanted it, and double check the intonation after their adjustments. They did a fine job! Action is fabulous, intonation spot on, great tone, and rivals the tenor in volume.

I really like the looks of Mele ukes. Beautiful mahogany, and well built. Here are a few photos, and a couple next to her big brother, the tenor. I highly recommend Mele, and was impressed with their service.

mele1.jpg
mele2.jpg
mele3.jpg
mele4.jpg

Congratulations! A fine couple!

Thanks! Now to decide whether I'll remove the logo sticker from the headstock ... not real fond of it and I removed the one off the tenor and prefer the look of the bare headstock. We'll see. Put Worth Browns on her and she really sounds good!

Congratulations! They seem to be able to make the ukes comes out looking vintage, at least in those shots.

Congratulations on a great instrument. They certainly seem to really care about the customer. That is great service hand picking a ukulele like that for you and setting it up the way you want. Very impressive, I have had my eyes opened about this company.

Thanks for letting us know about them and enjoy your new ukulele.

Congrats. I have two Mele's, a solid koa tenor and a mahogany 6 string concert. I love the slightly "retro" look and they both sound great. I have Southcoast strings on both. Both keepers. Yeah Mele!

Top Bottom