which eleuke?

T-UKEL

Reaction score
should i go with the tenor The solid body with the F soundhole or the concert the which is not solid at all

Attachments

• tc100-php2.jpg
    tc100-php2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 45
  • BEHP1.jpg
    BEHP1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 47
i say the 1st picture..

What do you mean 'not solid at all'? I have the concert ele-uke (like in the first picture) and I can confirm that it definitely is solid!

Very nice little ukes, I recommend them!

thats not what i meant ( i just didnt know how to describe it) which would you recomend?

I think either would be fine. I don't know the differences in the models as far as what pickup it has or if it is a headphone model. I think it will come down to which scale you like better. (Concert or Tenor) Most everything else will be similar except the looks.

I think the only difference between the two is purely aesthetics so go for whichever you like the best. Personally I prefer the original one with large cutaway. I was looking at mine just earlier and thinking how much I liked its shape.

Build quality on them is average, but more than adequate. The fret ends on mine are a little too rounded off so the A string can slip off the fretboard a little too easily sometimes but you do adapt to this and it's really not much of a problem. The sound is just fine, I recommend a roland micro-cube amp to go with it. The headphone jack is also really handy for late night practicing.

One word of advice - do not leave it plugged in to either jack when not using it unless you like flat batteries!

Oswegan - Why do you think the nut needs replacing? I'm curious.

i just ordered the rosewood tenor (not the one with F shaped hole). i am going to pick it up at east village music store in new york. i hope these things sound good!!!

i just ordered the rosewood tenor (not the one with F shaped hole). i am going to pick it up at east village music store in new york. i hope these things sound good!!!

Bosh! Sure you won't be disappointed. Bit hard to comment on the sound as it is more determined by what amp you put it through, at any rate I have no complaints with the sound. It is very different to an acoustic uke, but just different - not necessarily better or worse. Depends what you are looking for really.

I replaced the strings on mine with aquilas, I just really dislike the feel of the GHS strings it comes strung with. I also hate how they sound on an acoustic but the strings don't make such a difference to the sound on an electric.

Bosh! Sure you won't be disappointed. Bit hard to comment on the sound as it is more determined by what amp you put it through, at any rate I have no complaints with the sound. It is very different to an acoustic uke, but just different - not necessarily better or worse. Depends what you are looking for really.

I replaced the strings on mine with aquilas, I just really dislike the feel of the GHS strings it comes strung with. I also hate how they sound on an acoustic but the strings don't make such a difference to the sound on an electric.

i am getting a micro cube....does this uke have an acoustic sound to it at all?

Not really. You can hear it and you could practice with it unplugged but if you're planning on singing at the same time you would need it plugged into something. If you put aquila strings on it will be a little louder than with the stock GHS strings. I do practice without it plugged in sometimes, such as when watching TV at the same time.

yes... well there is an acoustic "setting" that gives you the effect of acoustic instrument... and if your eleuke has the same dean markley active pickup as mine does, the tone knob range is so wide, you can still get close to that acoustic tone, even without setting the microcube to the acoustic setting. use them both together and its gonna sound nive.

no thats not what i mean. when plugged in does it sound anything like an acoustic? also, when using headphones will people be able to hear me playing?

nevermind i didnt see nukedoc's reply thanks

Oswegan - Why do you think the nut needs replacing? I'm curious.

Maybe the ones I played, and particularly the one I bought, just had some quality control issues. They were mostly the new 2009 models I played and I bought the jazz cutaway tenor and ended up returning it.

When I played them, the slightest note bend would pop the bent string out of place at the nut, especially below the 4th fret on the C string.

The local fretworks looked at it and tried to fix it but ultimately said that the nut and saddle are just really cheap and toy like and to make it work properly it would require a better nut.

The issue could be limited to the few that I played, but to me it just wasn't worth the trouble, at least until they have worked out their QC issues.

w/e its too late now...it i dont like it i will return it (should be here on friday) i just have one question. i saw the headphone slot on the bottom of it, is that for just plugging in the headphones straight into the uke, or do i have to plug the headphones into the amp while conncected to the uke?

You plug headphones straight into the eleuke which is pretty neat! It has 2 jacks - one for headphones and one to go to an amp.

Top Bottom