Curly Honduran Mahogany Long Neck Concert

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
This one was for a returning client and was a special request to build a concert with a 16" scale length and 14 frets to the body. I liked the idea so much that this is the first of 3 in a batch soon to be completed. I'm particularly pleased with how they all have turned out.

Body - Curly Honduran Mahogany
Bindings - East Indian Rosewood
Fret Board - East Indian Rosewood
Head Plate Veneers - East Indian Rosewood
Bridge - East Indian Rosewood with Curly Koa Veneer
Rosette - East Indian Rosewood
Tuners - Gotoh UPT's
Strings - Worth Browns
Finish - Microtone Semi Gloss

Curly Honduran Long Neck Concert-6.jpgCurly Honduran Long Neck Concert-9.jpgCurly Honduran Long Neck Concert-8.jpgCurly Honduran Long Neck Concert-20.jpgCurly Honduran Long Neck Concert-5.jpg

damn nice back inlays

Very nice. The world needs more 16" ukes. :shaka:

Stunner Allen. This is what I was looking for in my previous emails. Lol

What I love about this ukulele is the elegance of the design. The little bit of bling is used not for bling's sake but to subtly emphasize the overall design. Like the diamond dot fret markers. Perfect. You know, I took design courses back in the 70's and the "less is more" mantra was driven into my head. But sometimes a little bit more than less is good too... If I made an ukulele that good looking I think I could stare at it for hours and hours.

'T' can't help but be happy when this arrives.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I've very pleased with how this and the other two have turned out.

I'm definitely one for not going over the top and thankfully most of my clients now let me have free reign when it comes to putting something together for them. My main goal besides making the best sounding and playing instrument I can is wanting to create items that are timeless, and will be appreciated now and decades later.

Top Bottom