Something - learned from Dominator's tutorial

GX9901

Reaction score
I learned Something from watching Dominator's tutorials over the last week or so. I still couldn't nail the solo very well (among other things), especially when I try to take a video of myself playing it. But I put up a video of it on Youtube anyway. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI-7uve-244

Thanks to Dominator for the easy to follow tutorial.

Great job! how long did you work on that?

Hey thanks for the compliment! I think I started working on it maybe a couple of days after Dom had put it up. So that's probably 8-9 days ago. I still have a lot of rough edges playing it, but it was pretty easy to learn because Dom did a great job teaching it.

Your "Going to California" cover was spot on my man....inspired me to learn it too!:D My Koaloha super concert sounds a lot like your pinapple Sunday...

very very nice job you've done. I like your uke :)

All that beautiful sound from a job well done. Yet you still look like you want to smack somebody. Cheer up man!

All that beautiful sound from a job well done. Yet you still look like you want to smack somebody. Cheer up man!

Haha, believe me I'm having fun playing the uke. Maybe I'm concentrating too hard trying not to make a mistake (even though there are still plenty). I'll try to improve my facial expression in the future :D. Hey, at least I'm not posting headless videos right??? ;)

Ghost note lesson...

GX, I like it brother. It will continue to get better once you have totally memorized it in your head. At that point, you will need to simply just let the song flow from your heart and thru your fingers. My only technquie suggestion is not that the solo needs more work, but most importantly, to just to let the song breathe a bit more. By this I mean, listen not only to the notes of the song, but also the air that surrounds them. That is, the sound of silence that surrounds each note or passage. A strange concept to grasp and one missed by most players. Remember that the space "around" each note or phase is as important as the notes themselves. Give the notes time to breathe and the listener time to take it in. Aldrine and Jake are wizards at this technquie. When you start to weave these "ghost notes" into the equation of the song, suddenly you will jump from a good player to a great player. Good job dude!...e.lo......

Top Bottom