Trouble in Cocobolo-landia!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocobolo Ukuleles

Reaction score
What a gentleman!

Today at the local post office the owner of [deleted by mod] told my wife that he was going to "tighten up his shoelaces and give her a good kick"! Then he told her "you don't even weigh 30 pounds... I could crush you"! (She actually weighs 98 pounds, but with him weighing in at 230 I don't think she would put up much of a fight) :)

What might provoke such rough language towards my "flaquita"?

She didn't even know who he was, but when she noticed that he was taking pictures of the addresses on 2 ukuleles that she was shipping, she politely asking him to stop. He denied any wrong-doing, and when she told him that he was lying he went nuts and started threatening her! Luckily, the crowded post office quickly came to her rescue and reminded him that in this country we don't speak to our women that way. [deleted by mod] continued running his mouth as he walked outside of the post office.

So now, as a proud husband, where do I go from here:

A) *****Edited upon further reflection

B) *****Edited upon further reflection

C) Expose him for the fraud that he is on Ukulele Underground

I think that I will go with C for now, but I haven't ruled out the other options...

As many of you out there have been so fortunate to already experience, [deleted by mod] seems to be prone to temper tantrums. He threatened to sue Ukulele Underground and Facebook on 2 different occasions if they did not immediately remove threads that exposed him for what he is. They weren't legally required to remove the threads, but they obliged him because they realized that they were dealing with someone with a few screws loose.

[deleted by mod] attacked me a couple of times on Facebook, but overall I have been indifferent towards him. My main issue with him is that I don't like the fact that he buys his guitars from an existing luthier, and proudly flaunts them as his own.

If you have ever considered a [deleted by mod] Guitar, please support the luthier that builds them and buy the guitar directly from him instead. His name is Sergio Zepeda, and he lives about 1 mile away from me here in Masaya, Nicaragua.

[deleted by mod] lives in Miami and visits Nicaragua once or twice a year. Yet, he loves to post pictures of him in Zepeda's shop and act like he is a big shot luthier. PM me for Zepeda's information and I will gladly give it to you. Zepeda deserves the credit (and the income). It is ridiculous that [deleted by mod] relabels Zepeda's work and charges 5x what Zepeda asks locally.

Sorry for the long rant, but when someone threatens your wife it stirs up all kinds of emotions. How could someone threaten to "tighten up their shoelace and kick" someone so sweet?

img1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have my support Kevin because "Anal"........is that how you spell his name.......is just a big one of those. He can only get away with his grap for so long because it is coming back to bite him

Hooray for Karma! Always name and shame wankers like that guy.

What the heck?!? What could he possibly want with addresses of your customers? Bizarre to say the least.

I don't know what the self defense laws are like there, but it sounds like your wife (and you) might want to carry some protection- at least pepper spray, perhaps something "stronger". I would not recommend baseball bats or motorcycles. ;-)

As Texas is now an open carry state if it happened here I would just shoot him. Your options depend on the state you live in. I see now you are in Nicaragua.

In short threats against my wife would be dealt with severely and quickly. If the turd outweighs you and you don't know how to handle that I suggest some form of equalizer.

I do not suggest self defense or any form of fair fight. It is your job to protect your wife.

You need to decide what is best for you in your situation.

Last edited:
Dude lives in Nicaragua.

Your greatest revenge is to keep growing and being more successful.

I would have reported him to the police.

That is some major d-baggery. I looked on their website and saw pics of the dude...and sure enough....definite d-bag. You should keep an eye out though, seems like the guy might have some business tactics like Suge Knight, full of threats and intimidation to competitors.

As Texas is now an open carry state if it happened here I would just shoot him.
Um, open carry has nothing to do with your right to self defense. I'm sure even Texas requires more than verbal threats in order to justify the use of deadly force.

But at any rate, I'm thinking this thread will not be open much longer. It's already pretty far off topic to be in "Uke Talk".

Someone threatening your wife falls well within self-defense. Open carry makes self-defense more accessible. The police here encourage you to take responsibility for your own safety.

As gun control is such an agreeable topic we should throw in religion and politics too.

Or to get on topic we could talk about the best ukulele for bashing the creep. It clearly should be a tenor or baritone. Tone should not matter as much as cost and physical mass.

So cheap and big. Ok ukers...what ukes would you suggest here?

I must add this thought...

While tone isn't important I think tuning is. If open tuning is used when you whack the creep you might get a nice chord.

Last edited:
Hahaha I am not much of a physical violence kind of guy, so I probably should have been more careful with my joke about the motorcycle or a baseball bat. That said, it would be nice to crack one of our new baritones over his head :) The problem is that he isn't worth ruining such a beautiful ukulele over :)

Wow. Unreal!

BTW I think that dude did option C here to himself in an earlier thread.

[deleted by mod]
And

[deleted by mod]

Remember, time wounds all heels.

Your greatest revenge is to keep growing and being more successful.

You couldn't have put it any better. After posting this story I went to the work shop and we added the finishing touches to 2 new ukuleles that are going to be shipped out first thing tomorrow. It is time to put this non-sense behind me and to keep my eyes on the prize!

I probably shouldn't have dropped to his level and turned this into a "novela", but when someone threatens your wife the emotions run high and I couldn't resist!

Wow. Unreal!

BTW I think that dude did option C here to himself in an earlier thread.

[deleted by mod]

Remember, time wounds all heels.

[deleted by mod] has had some legendary threads! I remember those both, and a couple on Facebook as well. I was laughing so hard I came to tears over one of them! I couldn't believe that he was for real.

Not sure how to put this, but when I read the post I felt that it is unprofessional. Obviously, there is tension and there are issues (which I don't know about), but posting in this way here strikes me as fueling the flames and mudslinging. You're outright and publicly attempting to damage his business, and whether or not that is justified on a moral or ethical level, it can only fuel the flames and make the situation worse -- and it provides him with a reason to do the same to your business.

If he threatened your wife or you feel he's otherwise breaking the law, take it to the police or appropriate authorities. It's a better approach than posting about it here. I realize that I'm going a bit against the flow by posting this, but I really felt your post reflected poorly on both businesses, not just the guy's.

And people suggesting you just shoot the guy ... that's just way, way out there.

You did the right thing Kevin by posting here with what happened. It definitely will make me rethink any instrument sold by this guy. Instead, I'll go straight to the source as you suggested.

Congrats on how your business has grown. Those with class and good skills prosper. Those with no class just get ulcers.

People didn't suggest shooting him. I did. Still do. Someone threatens your wife and you want to wait for the police? I am sure the thug will be happy to wait until the police arrive.

I still like the idea of using a cheap baritone uke tuned in open d as a club. Should resonate nicely with each whack and if you get a nice rhythm going you could tab it out for the forum.

Thank you for your input Mivo. I agree with you that it reflects poorly on both of us. Besides this bump in the road, we have taken the high road in all of our endeavors. I think that my emotions got the best of me today when he threatened my wife. I am not the violent type, so I felt like it would be appropriate to go after him on a different level. Like Mom told me though... "two wrongs don't make a right".

I do understand how you feel about this, though, and I don't know how I would handle it in your situation and if it had been my partner. Always easier to be more detached when it doesn't directly affect you. I'd not let it slide, I do know that. And most of the folks who responded agree with your posting about it, and my own view is torn, not opposed. I just felt that it was a bit playing into the other guy's hands, too, mostly just the business-related bit, not the retelling of what went down in the post office. I just felt he successfully "triggered" you, I think the young generation calls that now, and dragged you closer down to his level.

I do think you or your wife should consider filing a report about the threats. If nothing else, it should be properly documented.

Closing for review. Please check back in a couple of hours.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom