Help and listen please - trying to get feedback on how this recording quality sounds

PU,

It is hard to judge since I am listening with built-in laptop speakers. Instead of turning down the treble, try bringing up the mids. You don't necessarily want to lose the highs but experiment with some frequencies closer to your C and E strings.

First off, I would take off the reverb. I would then do a recording with all tones(bass, mids, treble) set the same. Then listen to this and adjust if you want to.

When I recorded my uke, I just did it dry. Sometimes the effects can overwhelm the song.

How are you recording? EQ is only a bandaid on the problem. Try different mic placement to get a sound the is more like what you want.

For me ... it's similar to when I've got a bit too much treble cut set on my electric guitar or I'm playing too far away from the bridge. Are you using a microphone or is it a pickup of some sort? I just get the feeling there should be just a smidgeon more treble "bite" to it, but whether that's the recording/electronics or just the playing style, I can't tell.

Top Bottom