New ukulele cabinet

Still Water Weapons

Reaction score
Here is a cabinet I built to keep a uke handy and humidified. It is made of red Oak, I turned the dowels for the corners and the handle from Paduak. There is weather stripping around the lid and two neodynium magnets keep it closed tightly. So far the humidity level is too high. I may have to close off part of the humidifier.

ukecab.jpg

Attachments

• ukecab.jpg
    ukecab.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 82
Wow! Very nice! But, what if you have 6 ukuleles?! ;-D

I converted a bookshelf to a humidified uke display. Used weather sealing tape all around the inside seems, Lexan doors with magnetic latches. It can hold about 8 tenor ukes. There are two water trays on the lower shelf with covers that I slide open or closed to control the humidity, stays between 45 to 55% all the time.

1 Shelf.jpg

Here is a cabinet I built to keep a uke handy and humidified. It is made of red Oak, I turned the dowels for the corners and the handle from Paduak. There is weather stripping around the lid and two neodynium magnets keep it closed tightly. So far the humidity level is too high. I may have to close off part of the humidifier.

View attachment 87799

Very nice work, well done!

View attachment 87799
Gorgeous! And it will display your uke very well I am guessing, how about a pic with it :)?

Queue Jaws sountrack;
"We're gonna need a bigger cabinet!"

Nice work!
We subscribe to a similar, stress-free lifestyle;
-woodworking… check
-woodturning… check
-ukulele… check

Combine all three and…life is good. :)

That looks great, nice job. I used to have a ukulele cabinet (actually it might still be in the storage area of our garage) for when I lived in a drier climate. It worked very well but I never had weather stripping, that would have been a good addition to it.

Top Bottom