Just got my Strad Uke. Larry O'Gaff/Swallowtail Jig and Timothy's Jig (original)

WOW Tim!

Both the sound of that Strad, and your playing here are really at a whole other level!

Thanks for sharing, and good luck with the Strad, I hope to try one of these some day :)

Tim, great video, thanks! I always enjoy your posts. Timothy's is a fine jig.

I agree, strads are excellent for fingerstyle. Is yours mahogany with a spruce top? That was the combo I ended up choosing.

Enjoy you new uke!

Will

Last edited:
Nice work!

Great sounding uke too.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Tim, great video, thanks! I always enjoy your posts. Timothy's is a fine jig.

I agree, strads are excellent for fingerstyle. Is yours mahogany with a spruce top? That was the combo I ended up choosing.

Enjoy you new uke!

Will

Yes, brimmer, I got the same configuration with spruce and curly mahogany. It has the satin finish.

strad1.jpgstrad2.jpg

Nice set of jigs! (I like anything by John King) and I liked your original too, very nice. This pieces are very tricky to play - ever thought of slowing them down a bit?

Nice set of jigs! (I like anything by John King) and I liked your original too, very nice. This pieces are very tricky to play - ever thought of slowing them down a bit?

Thanks and you make a really good point. If I slowed them down I could probably play them cleaner. But I usually play them at the tempo I hear in my head and just hang on as best I can.

EDIT: By the way I watched your videos. It seems we are kindred spirits. Really fine playing/arranging.

Last edited:
Top Bottom