Islander [Kanilea] AT-4 [Acacia Tenor]

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
this is a very lightly built import laminate made by Kanilea in China. It almost sounds as good as my Koaloha tenor, almost. It has the slightly wider neck [1 1/2 "] that I prefer, just like my Koaloha. I installed a [Iluak Ivory] cocobolo strap button [$15]. I also lowered the action at the nut for easier playing . I have played this a lot so there are some light strum marks in the usual place. I have bought several of these for friends and I kept this one as it has a really pretty grain with some nice chatoyance. I have too many ukes so I'm selling some. currently strung with wound bases and freemont blackline trebles [I think]. I should mention that where the bookmatched top seam meets it can be felt. not cracked, but a slight gap. Other than that no other defects I can see. These sound and play like a much more expensive instrument.
SPECS:

• Asian Acacia front, back and sides
  • Pearl Position Marks
  • Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
  • Black Bridge Pins, Mahogany neck, NuBone nut and saddle, Chrome Geared Tuners with Black Buttons (14:1 turning ratio), Satin Finish
$150 shipped CONUS with gig bag [Pictured] included
DSC05066.jpgDSC05067.jpgDSC05069.jpgDSC05080.jpg

Last edited:
Theukulelesite

More Views

New Islander - Tenor Acacia - AT-4 w /Hard Case

$156.00
and your point is what? that you may be able to buy this out of stock ukulele fron HMS with a hard case for $156 + shipping at some time in the future. or that you can buy one now for $199 on reverb [without a case] ,or you think my price is too high, or do you actually have a question? or what, because I dont have a klu klu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom