NUD: Bari's

wildfire070

Reaction score
I started out with a concert uke, then switched over to soprano and sopraninos, which I adore. I was happy with the smaller scale and liked it much better than concert, but still felt like something was missing. I thought maybe it's that deeper resonance that I'm looking for and unable to find in the smaller scales, so I tried tenor.....I hated it. I made the assumption that if I can't stand the tenor size then no way will I like baritone and dismissed them altogether and have stayed with my soprano/sopranino scale for the past couple of years.

Just recently I've been playing around with different tunings and was intrigued by the DGBE tuning. But I just couldn't get it to work on smaller scales so I decided to bite the bullet and give the baritone a try. Wow! I'm in love! It sounds so rich and lush and full! Why did I wait so long to try it??

I took a huge risk getting my first baritone. I hadn't played one before so I didn't know if I would like it or not. And on top of that...I skipped over the entry level and mid-range ones...and went straight to a Mya-Moe. Crazy, I know. Fortunately it paid off because I love the thing! I have it in Bb tuning and it just sings.

And while I was at it, Hodge's thread comparing a Favilla and a Silvertone inspired me to search for a vintage. I didn't get a Favilla but I did find a Silvertone in really good condition. All it needed was a polish.

Both bari's arrived within a day of each other and I haven't been able to put them down. I'm really glad I made this leap.
IMG_3743.jpgIMG_3741.jpgIMG_3742.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I am gobsmacked and speechless. Is the Mya Moe used. ......it is gorgeous so is the Silvertone. I have baritone envy, congrats. No wonder you love baritone now with those two beauties

I lucked out and found a used Mya-Moe. It was made less than a year ago and in pretty much new condition. I couldn't resist of course.

Congrats on both your new baris!

Very sweet. I think you have made great decisions and wish you many more hours of Bari love.

I'm so happy you found two really nice Bari's! Congratulations!

Yup it was. I haven't seen many used Mya-Moe baritones on sale so I took a chance on it with the thought that if I didn't like it, I could always sell it but luckily it worked out and I love the thing. I see a Kanile'a baritone on eBay but I haven't played one before so I'm not sure if that one would be a good one to jump on or not. It's pretty though.

We need more pictures of the Mya Moe. On measely little picture is an insult to the fine people at Mya Moe..........did I make you guilty enough for more pictures :biglaugh:

Wow! Congrats on the new baritones. Happy Strumming!

Congratulations. Two very nice looking instruments that have obviously made you very Happy. That MM's bear claw is gorgeous!

Hi
i Can totally understand why you got baritones i have one too and love them allthough i cant afford a mya moe but im happy with Mine
good luck with your Baris

We need more pictures of the Mya Moe. On measely little picture is an insult to the fine people at Mya Moe..........did I make you guilty enough for more pictures :biglaugh:

Lol. It's night time over here and interior lighting isn't great for photos so I'll just post some pics from Mya-Moe and the original listing for the uke.

IMG_3759.jpgIMG_3757.jpgIMG_3758.jpgIMG_3706.jpgIMG_3709.jpg

Last edited:
Just found another one! A late 70's Giannini bari in awesome shape. I've heard a lot of great things about Giannini baritones so I can't wait to get some strings on it and try it out.

Just found another one! A late 70's Giannini bari in awesome shape. I've heard a lot of great things about Giannini baritones so I can't wait to get some strings on it and try it out.

Oh my...........somebody has baritone fever. I have a older Giannini baritone as well. Mines beat up but it sounds and plays great. Enjoy the new acquisition

Top Bottom