Advice on selling a uke

hammer40

Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling one of my ukes. I have never bought used or sold a uke yet, so I'm looking for tips. How is payment made, i.e...check, PayPal, or some other type of method? Ideally, I would rather not pay some type of transaction fee. Or are they minimal? As for shipping, do you get a pre-estimate, or just use a general figure on that?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Paypal is commonly used, and you can absorb fees, or tell the buyer they are responsible for the fees ... or request they use Friends and Family (this always makes me a bit queezy as both parties lose protection) or, you can require a bank check or money order. How you conduct the sale, price, shipping, etc are your call. Look at UU Marketplace and see what others are doing. I believe PayPal fees are about 3% ... someone correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck!

PayPal is fast and safe. It's totally worth the 3% fee. Ship in a case, well padded in box. Use a box big enough and weigh it with your uke. Use fedex, USPS, or ups online tools to figure out shipping.

Top Bottom