Cherub Clip-On Tuner - anyone tried one?

ukeshale

Reaction score
They're going really cheap on www.djmmusic.com and just wondered if anyone's tried one before? I've ordered one regardless, as it costs so little. I then see that UU has a clip on tuner for sale. Am I gonna get what I pay for? (it's about half the price of UU's)

I have one of those cherub tuners and they are pretty good, especially for the price. Can be a little sluggish in picking up the note but do tune just fine. They're better than many of the other really cheap tuners that I've tried.

I have since upgraded to the intelli imt-600 which is an round better tuner once the annoying rattle has been fixed but also comes in at twice the price. Only reason I got the intelli was because I have to tune a lot of ukes in a short space of time at the ukearist nights and needed something quicker than the cherub.

My 100th post!:shaka:

I've got a Cherub (a WST-550C apparently) and it works great. I'm very happy with it.
Anna :)

thank you both! really eased some curiosity :) looking forward to it arriving now

I have one of those on the website. It is not very good for initial tuning, like after you restring it, but it works pretty well for the fine tuning, once you have it going GCEA. I still prefer my Intelli clip ons tuners.

I have the intelli-tuner and Cherub, and the Cherub is fine. Lighter and smaller, so easier to carry in a gig bag. The intelli-tuner does work a bit better, but both do the job. Just make sure the slide switch is on C tuning, if that's what you use (it's failry easy to bump it to D tuning).

Last edited:
I have the WST-523 and use it all the time for my guitar (no uke yet :(). It works very well
Occasionally it will buzz (something inside it rattles) while I play though, so I usually take it off the headstock after tuning

Top Bottom