Vintage Martin style 1k

Could we get a close up of the Martin Logo on the headstock? Also maybe of the binding on the ukulele?

Gorgeous! Is it yours? Same exact tuners as on my 30's style 0...

Going by the tuners and the celluoid binding, it is probably between 37 and 42. Celluoid bindings started in either 35 or 37 (don't have the martin book with me to check), before that they were rosewood. The black tuners were used on the 1K from 27-42. They went back to wood pegs in 42 due to the war. Production on them stopped totally after 44.

Going by the tuners and the celluoid binding, it is probably between 37 and 42. Celluoid bindings started in either 35 or 37 (don't have the martin book with me to check), before that they were rosewood. The black tuners were used on the 1K from 27-42. They went back to wood pegs in 42 due to the war. Production on them stopped totally after 44.
I'm back!
So sorry I'm late almost 8 years, haha!
Thank you very much!

It's a beauty and in amazing condition too! Sound wise, do you find it very different from the mahogany Martins?
Thank you ! Yes,this 80+ years old uke is no cracks ,no repair ,and everything is original.
Mahogany and koa vintage Martin are great. I Love both of them.Maby , I prefer the koa sound a little bit more , I'm not sure. haha~
Not very different from the mahogany Martins, it's bright than mahogany, and some of ' fresh ' feelings from the koa sound,it's hard to describe . And sorry about my poor English...

Thank you ! Yes,this 80+ years old uke is no cracks ,no repair ,and everything is original.
Mahogany and koa vintage Martin are great. I Love both of them.Maby , I prefer the koa sound a little bit more , I'm not sure. haha~
Not very different from the mahogany Martins, it's bright than mahogany, and some of ' fresh ' feelings from the koa sound,it's hard to describe . And sorry about my poor English...
No worries about your English, mate. I’ve lived in the US my entire life and you speak and write it better than I do. As you know, music is the universal language. Aloha!

Top Bottom