Quilted Maple and Adirondack Long Neck Concert

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
This is the last to be finished of a batch of 3. It was the only one to get a high gloss finish and that always takes way more time.

Back and Sides - Quilted Maple
Soundboard - Adirondack Spruce
Fret Board 12 - 16" compound radius in Indian Rosewood
Bindings, Headplates and Bridge - Indian Rosewood
Tuners - Grover
Inlay - Hormigo

It's a 16" scale length and I strung it up with a low G set of Worth Browns.

Long Neck Maple Concert (3 of 12).jpgLong Neck Maple Concert (12 of 12).jpgLong Neck Maple Concert (11 of 12).jpgLong Neck Maple Concert (6 of 12).jpgLong Neck Maple Concert (4 of 12).jpg

Unbelievably beautiful.

Have you ever made that in a LN Concert with a 17 inch scale?

Love the figure on the back wood. That must have been fun to finish. As always tremendous work Allen... Today I glued on the neck to the body which is to be a batch of 1 of 1. It doesn't look near this good. I am not worthy.

Absolutely stunning! There's just so much that's beautiful here: the fretboard, the endgraft, the back inlay, that pined bridge and your trademark heel........to mention a few.

Unbelievably beautiful.

Have you ever made that in a LN Concert with a 17 inch scale?

No I haven't. It wouldn't fit in one of the cases I have available. Possibly you might find something that would work outside of Australia, but we're pretty limited in our choices. Otherwise it would need to go into a tenor case and probably rattle around in there. Not something I like to do.

Your work is beautiful beyond description, I am in awe! That quilted maple is something I'll have to try sometime in the distant future!

Bob

Lovely work!

Top Bottom