Multiple Uke Sale - See Listing for Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
What do Collings, Kinnard, National Resonator, Larrivee and Kiwaya all have in common? They are all well-respected, outstanding ukes and one of each is available below at some great prices! Links to pics and video samples for each uke are below.

I would like to thin the herd a bit as I have grown to about 10 ukes and have a few new ukes coming in. I cannot decide what to sell as I really enjoy them all. So I’ve decided to list a handful to see what finds a loving home. They are listed from most to least expensive. Each of these ukes has been setup by Hawaii Music Supply, the place to buy new ukes. Each has been played but is in excellent condition. I’m not much of a strummer as I primarily focus on finger style so I’m easy on instruments. I’m happy to send detailed photos on any uke that interests you.

I have bought and sold lots of ukes both here and on FMM. I will offer a three-day inspection period. Return the uke at your cost and providing it is received in the same condition as when I sent it, I will refund everything but the shipping cost and transaction fees (if any). With more than a dozen used uke sales, I have never had anybody request a refund.

All prices are quoted plus actual shipping. Yes, I will ship internationally (and have done so on prior sales).

National Resonator Speckled Chocolate Milk Concert. $1,200.
I knew a resonator wouldn’t be a daily player for me, but its unique look and killer sound just captivated me on the spot and I clicked “Add to Cart” in the blink of an eye. It surprised me with how comfortable it is to play this steel coated body. If you do a lot of group strums (I do zero), you can be sure to be heard as this has excellent volume.

Video and pics: http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/national-concert-resonator-ukulele-mint-condition.html

Includes original hardsided case.

New these are close to $2,000. The HMS price for this used but fully restored uke was $1,250 plus I upgraded the tuners to Gotoh UPT’s ($69). As noted in the HMS listing, Andrew took it on trade and made it good as new. It is blinged out with gold fretwire which looks killer.

Collings Mahogany UT2 Doghair Tenor with Ebony Appointments. SOLD!!

Most of the Doghair ukes I’ve seen have rosewood appointments. To my eyes, that totally breaks the beauty of the black/white theme. When I heard this one, wow, was I really impressed. It is the best all-mahogany uke I've yet heard. Period. To my ear, most tenor ‘hogs overdrive the midrange and lack "sparkle" in the upper and lowest registers. This one sounds great and is what caused me to snag it. As a side note, this uke is freakishly light and one of the most comfortable I have to play. It is really hard to list this one, but I have another great tenor and another coming. I do believe it is extra special and not readily replaceable as Collings has reduced their production, tends to do these with rosewood, and who knows if another one will sound this good.

Video and pics of this very instrument: http://www.theukulelesite.com/collings-tenor-ut2-doghair-finish-1562.html

Currently strung with Aquila Red Low G and Savarez C-E-A. Includes excellent Collings case.

New this uke retailed for $2,790.

Kinnard Series 2 Western Red Cedar/Claro Walnut Large Body Soprano. SOLD!
Will be missed, for sure! Thankfully, went to a loving home with brethren Kinnards. New owner remarked "STUNNING" and "Sounds gorgeous!"

Larrivee Mahogany Soprano (US40MMO). SOLD!!!
This is a really wonderful soprano. At 14”, it’s a tad longer in scale than a traditional soprano with a bit bigger body. The result is it is very comfortable to play. The tone is excellent. And the finish is top-notch.

Video of this very instrument (video is of my instrument, but pics are of a different one with darker appearance) http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/larrivee/larrivee-mahogany-soprano-us40mmo-1.html

This concert version is colored exactly like my soprano:
http://www.theukulelesite.com/larrivee-mahogany-concert-uc40mmo.html

Includes canvas-covered case. Strung with Worth Browns.

New this uke retails for $787. They are an absolute bargain for the price, especially the sopranos.

Kiwaya Koa KS5 Soprano. SOLD!!!
15 useable fret laminate koa soprano! Upgraded with Gotoh UPT’s and includes a nice padded case. This is a nice ukulele, I just finally came to the realization that a “standard” size soprano is not very comfortable for me and I simply don’t play them. This probably has 30 minutes play time.

Video and pics of this very instrument: http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulele-market/kiwaya-ukulele-ks-5-koa-soprano.html

It’s currently strung with Worth Browns. Includes padded gig bag.

KS5’s new are $369 new (and hard to come by), plus with the tuner upgrade ($69) and padded gig bag ($30) it would be about $469 new.

Last edited:
I would like to thin the herd a bit as I have grown to about 10 ukes and have a few new ukes coming in. I cannot decide what to sell as I really enjoy them all. So I’ve decided to list a handful to see what finds a loving home. They are listed from most to least expensive. Part of me hopes nothing sells. Look, Honey, I tried. ;-) Just kidding. I do hope they find good homes!

Each of these ukes has been setup by Hawaii Music Supply. They have been played but are all in excellent condition. I’m not much of a strummer as I primarily focus on finger style so I’m easy on instruments. I’m happy to send detailed photos on any uke that interests you.

I have bought and sold lots of ukes both here and on FMM. I will offer a three-day inspection period. Providing you return the uke at your cost and it is received in the same condition as when I sent it, I will refund everything but the shipping cost and any transaction fees. I have yet to have anybody request a refund.

All prices are quoted plus actual shipping.

Collings Mahogany UT2 Doghair Tenor with Ebony Appointments. $2,000.
Most of the Doghair ukes I’ve seen have rosewood appointments. To my eyes, that totally breaks the beauty of the black/white theme. When I heard this one, wow, was I really impressed. It is the best all-mahogany uke I've yet heard. Period. To my ear, most tenor ‘hogs overdrive the midrange and lack "sparkle" in the upper and lowest registers. This one sounds great and is what caused me to snag it. As a side note, this uke is freakishly light and one of the most comfortable I have to play. It is really hard to list this one, but I have another great tenor and another coming. I do believe it is extra special and not readily replaceable as Collings has reduced their production, tends to do these with rosewood, and who knows if another one will sound this good.

Video and pics of this very instrument: http://www.theukulelesite.com/collings-tenor-uc2-doghair-finish-u1556.html

Currently strung with Aquila Red Low G and Savarez C-E-A. Includes excellent Collings case.

You listed this uke as a tenor...your link shows a concert?

I guess you meant a UC2 doghair?

Must be getting something really nice to let some of these go. Congrats.

Very nice Ukes being offered here. My UAS is awake and well. Don't tell my wife. Lol

Wonderful selection of Ukes ... and at great prices.

Wow - what a bunch of great ukes.

Note to self: Do not read the post you just wrote about whether high end ukes are worth it.

I wish somebody would buy the Kinnard so I can stop looking at it. It's very tempting!

Mitch

What new ones do you have coming in Eddie? Wanna let us in on the secret?

The Kinnard is sold.
Answering questions on others, you can also email me directly at eddiemonnier at me dot com.
If you want something, get it before it's gone!

@dkcrown: I have a Kinnard Series 3 baritone and a Beau Hannam Player's Model coming soon.

The Kiwaya is now sold. Only the Collings UT2 Doghair and National Resonator remain. Folks are "circling" but nobody has gone in for the kill yet. ;-)

Collings UT2 Doghair now soooooooold.

That leaves only the National Resonator from original listing! Come and get it before it's gone!!!

I'll be posting a Dave Talsma all koa Ditson-style concert in the next few days.

Congrats on the sale of the Collings. It was amazing looking Uke and someone should be very very happy.

Ditto Lenny. I almost fell off the wagon to purchase that Collings. I think I better go to a UA (Ukulele Anonymous) meeting.

Let me know where the meetings are, I was having a hard time holding back too. I'm glad it sold. Got my anniversary Kamaka in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom