20160205_135550.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 118
  • 20160205_135521.jpg
    20160205_135521.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 20160205_135433.jpg
    20160205_135433.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 107
Uhh, do you intend to play this ukulele?

When I read the title, I thought you were going to ask a question about brash uke strings!
That's what I get for assuming.
Really neat light, that'd be fun to play onstage if it wasn't hot.
I don't Underwriters would touch it....but it might be a cool idea to market someday, if one could figure out how to make it safe. Very creative!

When I read the title, I thought you were going to ask a question about brash uke strings!
That's what I get for assuming.
Really neat light, that'd be fun to play onstage if it wasn't hot.
I don't Underwriters would touch it....but it might be a cool idea to market someday, if one could figure out how to make it safe. Very creative!

As David brent once said 'never assume, it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me'.
It would be one expensive lamp. I bought it on the internet in aus before doing enough research ..when it arrived i was so upset, it was just an awful instrument to play amd handle....it also took soooo long to arrive that and ended up having to fly home pretty much as soon as it arrived.
Oh well i do enjoy playing my other Ukes in the light omitted from this Frankensteinion creation!

Use an led bulb they don't get hot...

A ukelamplamp, love it! Like the ukulele world equivalent of the singer from Rammstein.

(For those of you that aren't familiar with this, Rammstein are a German metal band and the singer has a light he fits in his mouth and a pierced cheek to put the wire through. It's insane and an insanely bright light - look it up to be weirded out!)

Even better, stick a whole string of LED Christmas lights inside it.

You can also get a low-wattage (30 watt incandescent equivalent = 3-4 watt fluoro) compact fluorescent bulb that will have a similar LUMENS light output and put out much less heat than an incandescent filament bulb. For at least 10 yrs now they have made these bulbs that can screw into an 'edison' or standard light socket. My local grocery store sells a 4-pack of 60-watt equivalent bulbs, which only pull 14 watts each for like $6 USD. The hardware store has many more options. A single LED bulb that is 60-watt equivalent costs about $7 USD EACH for a cheap asian brand at the hardware store, and about the same on Amazon.

LED bulbs can still put out some heat, that is why the ones that are made to be in-ceiling 'floodlamp' bulbs which are typically 120-200 watt replacements have a heat-sink built in.

A ukelamplamp, love it! Like the ukulele world equivalent of the singer from Rammstein.

(For those of you that aren't familiar with this, Rammstein are a German metal band and the singer has a light he fits in his mouth and a pierced cheek to put the wire through. It's insane and an insanely bright light - look it up to be weirded out!)

I had a look at this dude today! Takes all sorts....looks awesome though!

You can also get a low-wattage (30 watt incandescent equivalent = 3-4 watt fluoro) compact fluorescent bulb that will have a similar LUMENS light output and put out much less heat than an incandescent filament bulb. For at least 10 yrs now they have made these bulbs that can screw into an 'edison' or standard light socket. My local grocery store sells a 4-pack of 60-watt equivalent bulbs, which only pull 14 watts each for like $6 USD. The hardware store has many more options. A single LED bulb that is 60-watt equivalent costs about $7 USD EACH for a cheap asian brand at the hardware store, and about the same on Amazon.

LED bulbs can still put out some heat, that is why the ones that are made to be in-ceiling 'floodlamp' bulbs which are typically 120-200 watt replacements have a heat-sink built in.

On it! you may well have saved my life and more to the point my ukuleles from firey doom!

Top Bottom