WTB Plastic Ukulele like TV PAL or other

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
hello

i am on the hunt for a Plastic ukulele.. i am curious to get my hands on one of these little guys.. looking for one that is in good shape.. seems they come from the 1960, and 50's and i dont need one with a box.. or any of that.. TV PAL, Islander, carnival? and of these brands will do.. i have been watching them on ebay.. but keep getting sniped.. so i thought i would see if anyone out there had one they might want to get rid of.. PM me with description, photos, and price.. i will be using paypal..

thanks for your time..

d

They make ukes outta plastic now? Weird.

If you get one, be sure to post pics.:p

emmm hummm i think you own like 26 plastic ones!!! i bet your the guy who keeps sniping me on EBAY!!

i can just see it now..

100 feet below your house you sit in a bunker.. the walls are made out of 3 feet thick KOA wood.. you have an APPLEII computer retro fit with a cord coated in nylgut linking to a 1982 satellite dish (the kind your friend had that you could watch dirty movies on) but now it picks up ultra high internet speeds...

every 3.2 sec your computer runs a check for "plastic" "1920-1960" "toy" "vintage" "ukulele" "blow up doll"

you scour the results.. but NEVER bid.. you just wait drinking slurpees and eating spam.. until that last min.. you SNIPE.. and you you then add another plastic uke to your bunker wall..

and then you laugh... ha ha ha

d

emmm hummm i think you own like 26 plastic ones!!! i bet your the guy who keeps sniping me on EBAY!!

i can just see it now..

100 feet below your house you sit in a bunker.. the walls are made out of 3 feet thick KOA wood.. you have an APPLEII computer retro fit with a cord coated in nylgut linking to a 1982 satellite dish (the kind your friend had that you could watch dirty movies on) but now it picks up ultra high internet speeds...

every 3.2 sec your computer runs a check for "plastic" "1920-1960" "toy" "vintage" "ukulele" "blow up doll"

you scour the results.. but NEVER bid.. you just wait drinking slurpees and eating spam.. until that last min.. you SNIPE.. and you you then add another plastic uke to your bunker wall..

and then you laugh... ha ha ha

d

Slurpees? No one will ever believe that one.

oh man, i'm interested in a plastic uke too. Alan's (ukisociety) your man for uke info on all things plastic

okay.. i won one.. it is on its way.. so come on alan oh alan.. can you tell me anything about this one..

aa102438a.jpg

aa102438d.jpg

aa102438b.jpg

from ebay post.. "original old Kona Isle Hawaiian Ukulele with original box. Ukulele will bring rhythm to any ensemble creating an rivaled solo. This is made in the USA, and measures approx. 20.5" long x 6.5" wide. It comes with original how to play music instruction sheet, and original box. Ukulele is in nice condition, although the box has suffered minor damage at ends due to use, or storage. We believe this is from 1951, as there was a Christmas card inside the box that was dated 1951 and referenced this item. Please see pictures for more details."

i won for 13.50

now what kind of strings might i put on it? who knows what it is going to sound like.. and might be a wall item.. who knows..

any thoughts?

d

I've learned a bit more on plastics and this looks like a cousin of the Lisa plastic ukes. I say this because of no "zero fret" and the similarity of the tuners.
Lisa1.jpg

Lisa3.jpg

Hope you see this sometime, Dom!

nice.. i ended up having to pack that one plastic away in storage.. boo.. i just had to make the choice.. i am sure i will get a platic that sounds in tune.. soon.. i will be in my new home SAT so yeah..

d

have TV PAl

hello

i am on the hunt for a Plastic ukulele.. i am curious to get my hands on one of these little guys.. looking for one that is in good shape.. seems they come from the 1960, and 50's and i dont need one with a box.. or any of that.. TV PAL, Islander, carnival? and of these brands will do.. i have been watching them on ebay.. but keep getting sniped.. so i thought i would see if anyone out there had one they might want to get rid of.. PM me with description, photos, and price.. i will be using paypal..

thanks for your time..

d

If still interested I've got one (with box) in great playable condition I'll let you have for $50 plus shipping.

Top Bottom