Dallas ukulele store(s)?

Ian Boys

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right section to post this in... it's a regional thing, but not a get together... nevermind. It'll get moved if it has to be.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows of any music stores near Dallas that have a substantial stock of ukuleles...

I'm getting rather sick of depending on guitar center for goofing around on different ukes... all they generally carry are the Mitchells, which are nice for a low end ukulele, but I own one, and the Corbodas, which I hate... they feel like they'll fall apart as soon as I buy them. Not to mention they have some of the worst tuners that I"ve ever seen on a uke...

Thanks.

to be honest there might not be just a ukulele store in dallas brah.

guitar center or just a regular music store should have stuff there.

i get most of my stuff from ebay though

check out da musicguymic on ebay.

he is a great dealer

I live about 30 miles north of Dallas, and I can tell you that there arn't any Good stores that sell just Ukuleles.
The best we have here is guitar center.
I think that your best bet would be ebay, or another internet site.

Aloha
Acabooe:cool:

There is a lady in The Colony who has a uke group and sells some nicer instruments. Here is the site: http://www.ukeladymusic.com/

I never actually met her or did any business with her, but I did read good things about her on another forum.

Thanks guys.

I"ll look into the 'ukelady'.

And yeah, musicguymic is amazing... I will say.

There is a lady in The Colony who has a uke group and sells some nicer instruments. Here is the site: http://www.ukeladymusic.com/

I never actually met her or did any business with her, but I did read good things about her on another forum.

I not only met her, but I took an Ukulele lesson from her, and I ordered my Kala Ukulele through her.
I question some of her business practices.
When I ordered my Ukulele, she said that it would take about 1 month to ship from Hawai'i to Texas.
It actually took 2 1/2 months to come in.
I had to constantly keep bugging her, because she gave me the impression that she had forgotten about my Ukulele, after I had paid her.
She wanted half the money up front, and half on delivery.
Finally after 2 1/2 months of waiting, I called to bug her again, and ( acting as if she were just remembering ) she told me that it had come in yesterday.
When I got to her house, my Ukulele was not in any type of packaging.
Plus, I noticed numerous scuffs and dings all over the Ukulele.
It didn't look brand new to me.
When I brought her attention to it, she made it clear by saying "Aww that's too bad" that there was nothing that she was going to do about it.
And on top of all of that, when she gives me the bill for the final payment, it was $20 dollars higher than we had agreed on.
She said that it was for taxes, but at no time in any of our conversations either by phone, internet, or in person, did she ever mention that extra $20.
So in summary
BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DOING BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH NOEL TARDY
That was my experience with her.
Good luck, and be careful.

Aloha
Acabooe:cool:

Top Bottom