Solid Mahogany Handmade Blue Frog Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogenes Blue

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD

Price Dropped again, due to finish irregularities. $325.00 shipped to lower 48, outside will be figured. This as low as I can go. It's a nice ukulele and a great player with great tone and volume.

Has sporadic open pores in the finish.

Solid mahogany; Bound ebony headstock and fretboard; Mother of pearl headstock logo and fretboard dots; Grover 4B tuners; Domed top and back; Ebony binding with black and white purfling; Rosewood bridge; Ebony nut and saddle; 1 3/8 nut; "Modern C" neck shape; Low action, no buzzing; Aquila Lava strings: Light and loud...

$450.00 Shipped to lower 48, outside will be figured.

Thanks for looking,
Vic - Blue Frog Ukes

1b.jpg2a.jpg3.jpg4.jpgheadstock1a.jpg

Last edited:
That's a real beauty! What ever happened to Vic? I have one of his sopranos and it's a real beauty and a great player!

Thanks, guys!

I was just looking at the uke and the open pores bother me, then looking at a certain angle the body appears to have some finish irregularities on the back. So I'm dropping the price.

I'll take $375.00 including shipping to the lower 48. That'll put my labor at well below min wage but it is what it is. It's still a nice uke tho, sounds great. Professional spray equipment will be purchased as soon as I sell it lol... This will not happen again.

There are no open pores on the neck, mostly on the back of the body and a few on the front. I'd say it's an outstanding 10/10 uke; seen from 10 feet away at 10 in the evening. ;)

Thanks again!
Vic

Last edited:
Hey Vic,

I have a Timms with lots of open pores and a shellac and oil French polish finish. It is a nice looking and sounding uke but now I know how soft mahogany is. I'm not sure I'm quite careful enough for this kind of finish. Do you put something harder or more protective on your ukes? I've been thinking about someday getting a 12 fret Style 2 reproduction made and that little frog footprint would look nice on the back of the headstock.

"Do you put something harder or more protective on your ukes?"

I use a high Performance, glossy, polyurethane topcoat. I just pore filled poorly, but the finish is extremely durable. Not discounting French polish though, it's a finish highly sought after for its beauty and ease of repair.

The uke was pore filled with shellac, a really time consuming process but I do it from time to time to maximize the chatoyance of the wood. This time I goofed and didn't fill as completely as I thought I did.

Last edited:
"I've been thinking about someday getting a 12 fret Style 2 reproduction made and that little frog footprint would look nice on the back of the headstock."

I've been meaning to do some Style 2 reproductions, one for myself too ;) ... that might just happen soon.

Price Dropped again, due to finish irregularities. $325.00 shipped to lower 48, outside will be figured. This as low as I can go. It's a nice ukulele and a great player with great tone and volume.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom