Worth brown (Fat)

Blackdog131

Reaction score
I'm just about to order some worth browns for my Tenor, has anyone played the fats? Will i need to adjust my knut slots? I'm currently using Aquilas, what can i expect from fluro?

Thanks in adavnce

I don't have any experience with the fats but normal Worth Browns are thinner that Aquila Nylguts.

Of the 12 different makers of strings that I've tried, nearly ALL fluro strings will be thinner than Aquila Nylgut and/or SuperNylgut.

The Aquila LAVA strings are similar to most fluro string diameters, and the Aquila REDS are a bit THINNER.

Having said that, the Worth Browns (BF) 'fat' and (BS) 'strong' are STILL thinner than the Aquila Nylgut and/or SuperNylgut.

Keep in mind that these thicker strings will have MORE tension than most thinner strings, and thus possibly LESS sustain than the Aquilas, depending upon your instrument.

I have personally used and tested ALL of the Worth strings, both brown and clear on soprano, concert, tenor and baritone, and the BF, BS, and BB are very similar in gauge, tension and sound if/when installed/tested on the same instrument.

Thanks all. I'm gonna go with a set of mediums for my Ohana. I took the Aquila Lavas off, they were way too brash, and the intonation became very bad. I suspect a warped neck, and my luthier agrees, but one more try.....

Top Bottom