Oasis tenor-concert-soprano strings on a concert?

DaveY

Reaction score
I'm wondering how one string set can be used (or whether it should be used) for soprano, concert or tenor size. I'm referring to Oasis brand strings — I have a set that I'd like to use on my Gretsch concert (which now has Fremont strings labeled for soprano or concert) because I don't like the thinness (.0205) of the A string.

And So would the Oasis 3-in-1 strings tend to work better on one size ukulele than another? Here are the Oasis string gauges (which are thicker than the Fremonts):

.0216 (bright) 0.230 (warm)

Oh, and would either the “bright” or “warm” be better than the other for my purpose?

Thanks.

I've used the Bright on a concert. I believe the "G" string in the Bright is the "A" string in the Warm. At least it appeared so when I put digital calipers to them. I get slightly differnet numbers but when you get to .0005" I doubt my ability of being able to measure accurately.

So the Brights would be:

John

I'm wondering how one string set can be used (or whether it should be used) for soprano, concert or tenor size. I'm referring to Oasis brand strings

I use these on a 19" super tenor! How can one size fit all? It's got me stumped. Luckily I never get hung up on the details, if it works, it works.

Top Bottom