New Uke Day! DJ Morgan "Morganino" mini-pineapple uke in solid maple

barefootgypsy

Reaction score
I am so thrilled with this little uke, I can't believe it's mine - I wanted a pineapple uke, I wanted a maple uke, I wanted a sopranino - and suddenly - I have all three in one uke! It is a superb little thing, the prototype for a new line in ukes for Dave Morgan (DJ Morgan Ukuleles, England) It sounds great tuned in C, but fabulous in D tuning... it really brings out that maple sound! I did this little video today to demonstrate!

Congratulations on your new little beauty!

That is so cute! I think it's the first mini pineapple I've seen, too. (Enviously long fingers!)

Beautiful Uke. Very sopranoish sound. Congrats on the purchase.

I really enjoyed that. Do you have a tab for Mr. Sandman?

Wow! Nice ukulele and nice playing too. I guess you need a tenor Morgan now. :rolleyes:

It's absolutely beautiful Lesley. I adore it, and the sound. Full, bold and punchy.
Big congrats!
And it is awesomeness to see the way your playing has developed over the past couple of years.
Thanks for sharing the uke and the video with us mate.
Hey thanks Jon, yes the uke is superb, I'm thrilled with it! Thanks for those lovely comments about my playing - players like you keep me inspired to keep trying to improve, you set a benchmark every time I hear and watch you play! So I got to the stage where "proper lessons" were the way to go, and I've had quite a few now from Phil Doleman. He's a great teacher!

Hi geetee, how're you doing! Well. I have a Morgan concert and soprano...... I don't really get on with tenors though. In fact my solid electric tenor has to go, I've decided.....

Beautiful ukulele, and nice playing. I love that maple sound. Thanks for the link.

Congratulations Lesley, it's as bright as a button and oh so beautiful!

Thank you Cam! Dave really does build beautiful ukes, the look has to be right, as well as the feel and the sound! I do believe there will be some cherry ones when he does some more.... they will sound great, too! All sustainable woods....

That little thing sure packs a punch! Pineapples are the most fun. Congrats on the new uke; it sounds great (and I have a new song I need to learn, LOL).

Top Bottom