what's the best way to do trades?

Kimosabe

Reaction score
I want to trade my Blackbird Clara for a Kanilea baritone. How does one safely do trades?

Same as with a sale transaction- only two way. Two people have to agree on the relative values of the two instruments in question and whether any cash needs to accompany the deal one way or the other. And they have to trust the other to deliver the goods.

Another way is to sell the Clara outright and then buy a Kanilea from someone else. Then you have essentially halved your risk.

You're right and that's what I'll do

You're right, Jim, and that's what I'll do. Blackbird Clara for sale! $950 plus shipping and insurance. I'll do a separate posting.

Have done several trades with UUers and members of other comparable instrument forums. They key thing for me is the credibilityof the other person. By that, I mean is the person a continuing participant on the forum or a "virtual unknown?" Folk who have been on the forum for many posts and much time will probably have been involved in other transactions. That posted experience gives the other person more credibility to me, and credibility reduces risk.

Top Bottom