Owners of Martin K1 Tenor Action Height Please?

Steve, that will slightly vary by instrument when it comes out of the factory. Manufacturers set their action a little high so that folks can set the action a little lower to suit their individual preferences. A low action setup would be about 1/8" at the 12th fret. There really isn't any set amount but you don't want to go so low that you start experiencing buzzes. You might prefer a little higher action so the height at the 12th fret will be higher. I hope this helps.

Steve, that will slightly vary by instrument when it comes out of the factory. Manufacturers set their action a little high so that folks can set the action a little lower to suit their individual preferences. A low action setup would be about 1/8" at the 12th fret. There really isn't any set amount but you don't want to go so low that you start experiencing buzzes. You might prefer a little higher action so the height at the 12th fret will be higher. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response, but I was really after some specifics of what height actual owners of the K1 used.

I've got 2.5mm on my Pono MCD which feels right, and that's how it came from the factory, the K1 just seems a tad high at 3.3mm

But if that's how other owners of the K1 use it, then I might just persevere with it at that height.

Top Bottom