Ohana Sopranissimo?

blorb

Reaction score
I saw the UU Ohana NAMM 2016 video where they showed a new Sopranissimo model.

Does anyone have any info about it (e.g. price, when it will be available, dimensions, etc.)?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I would reach out to Mim (http://mimsukes.com). She has done a couple demos and will have a bunch of them coming soon.

I would reach out to Mim (http://mimsukes.com). She has done a couple demos and will have a bunch of them coming soon.

Thank you!

I wasn't aware. She made a comment on her demo video saying they will be about $139, if anyone else is curious.

And it's coming May/June.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I wasn't aware. She made a comment on her demo video saying they will be about $139, if anyone else is curious.

And it's coming May/June.

Yes around $139. I hope they will have a bag made for it too. I will let you know.

I will have a ton of these coming in and I am keeping a good list of people interested. No obligation to buy (I dont like making people pay things down when I dont have a definite date when something comes in, financial situations change and what not), but I do know I will be the first to have them (though when they come into Ohana, it takes a week to get here, but you get a lot of value to wait for me because of the set up) and I am getting PLENTY in stock to cover everyone. So if you want me to add you to the list, just send me an e-mail to mim at mimsukes dot com.

And... and this is important...

There is a specific type of set up these very short scaled ukes need! And each one that leaves my shop will get that set up. It takes me time, but I want you to be happy with your uke. When I am done, it will have very sweet playing action which also helps the intonation be a lot better. But also high action on short scales are very unpleasant to play towards the nut. The Ohana is not bad, but by the time I am done, it is amazing. I have the one from NAMM. I am keeping it for me. I adjusted the nut and saddle and threw some Worth Browns on it, and I love it! The intonation is a little sweeter tuned A D F# B. And you can play some serious music on this, so for fun I made a little video set to unlisted on youtube. Now... don't judge. It is very hastily done and the picture is in profile not landscape, but it really shows off what this uke can do:

https://youtu.be/RkpQL99yr_Q

I am going to break it out at my Country Store gig this Saturday. It can really play serious music and I throw it in my bag and take it everywhere with me and practice on the fly.

So, normally I dont come on here to say "Me! I will have this in stock! Buy from me!" But in this case. I want people to know I have a list, will be setting them up, and will be getting the first batch.

Oh and if you friend Mim Ukes on Facebook or like my business page, I will be updating there when it wil be available.

(Sorry, I dont want to be self promoting, except with these, because the set up is sooooo important)

Oh and if you friend Mim Ukes on Facebook or like my business page, I will be updating there when it wil be available.

(Sorry, I dont want to be self promoting, except with these, because the set up is sooooo important)

Thank you for the information. I'll be throwing an email at you in a bit!

Hello all, yesterday I received my Ohana Sopranissimo!!! It is a beautiful Uke and sounds great for the size. I tuned it to ADF#B.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 18
Hello all, yesterday I received my Ohana Sopranissimo!!! It is a beautiful Uke and sounds great for the size. I tuned it to ADF#B.

Congrats! I just ordered one today!

I received my Sopranissimo from Mim yesterday as well. A pretty little box. It came tuned GCEA. I noticed a buzz on the C string which receded after I tuned it ADF#B. Sounds great. The volume is bright-ful, delightful and the B string sustains notes wonderfully, compared to my plastic Waterman (I'm a noob, I got the Waterman in Jan 2016). The intonation also improved when tuned to ADF#B. The action is low. No sharp edges on the frets.

Light at about 10 oz. which tempts me to take it camping as a top-of-the-pack/in-a-drybag instrument. The center of balance is at the eighth fret (8.75" from the body end). At 17.5" long, I could sneak it anywhere though it still doesn't fit in a pocket protector. It answers, "How could a ukulele be more portable?"

I'd only suggest that Mim tune the -issimo to ADF#B so that noobs (me!) don't flood her email inbox.

Top Bottom