Best birthday gift ever

fopianki

Reaction score
One of my sons and daughter-in-law gave my wife and me tickets to see Jake at a small venue in late January. Amazing concert! What a special guy...really seems to enjoy meeting with people afterwards and he signed the lower bout of my Kamaka concert Uke "Aloha Jake"!;)

image.jpg

I took a custom made concert to one of his shows. Afterward, I asked him to play something on it, so I could tell people it was played by Jake. He laughed and said that he did not get asked to play it, just sign it. He said that he really liked the looks of quilted maple with a dark walnut stain on it, and how well it sounded and played. He asked if he could sign it. Since there was nothing between the strings on the front of the peghead, there is now a long J with a long S under it.
A year later , at the same place I went through the line again and wanted him to sign a CD to sign for my daughter in Iraq. He said that he remembered me because I had the beautiful quilted maple ukulele he signed. He asked if the young woman in Iraq was he same one who was with me the year before. Incredible!! He really does talk TO people not THROUGH or AROUND. Both the music and the man are amazing. Aldeen Guerro signed the back of the peghead at another event. He laughingly said that he felt honoured to be on the other side of a uke signed by Jake.

Both stories are great! I was recently in Kauai and didn't find out until I had gotten back home that Aldrine was there playing a free show (well free to me...I think there was a $5 cover) across the street from where I was staying. Really bummed out I missed it. I guess I'll have to go back!

Very cool, saw Jake at the Kravitz center is WPB Fl. Great sho, very personable. Worked Ave Maria into the program since it was right after the Paris terror attack.

Top Bottom