DGBE you won't believe it

Kimosabe

Reaction score
Okay, you won't believe it. I tuned by Pono Tenor electric down from GCEA to DGBE and it still sounds ver y nice. What kind of strings? Some kind of South Coast strings I put on a long time ago.

Now I don't have to buy a Pono Electric baritone. l've got both a tenor and a baritone electric in one. Sorry ukulele stores. Sorry Pono but I get to save me money. Keep the readies in the bin

Yes, I will soon record a video of it all in action, a joy to your ears.

I'm all ears!

Looking forward to your video! I'm looking for the right strings to do play baritone tuning in. KoAloha tenor. How is the tension of the strings.? I tried once but the strings were a bit floppy for my liking.

Okay, you won't believe it. I tuned by Pono Tenor electric down from GCEA to DGBE and it still sounds ver y nice. What kind of strings? Some kind of South Coast strings I put on a long time ago.

Now I don't have to buy a Pono Electric baritone. l've got both a tenor and a baritone electric in one. Sorry ukulele stores. Sorry Pono but I get to save me money. Keep the readies in the bin

Yes, I will soon record a video of it all in action, a joy to your ears.

Hi, Kimosabe. I did that--twice--and at first, nirvana. But, after a day of playing, I began to realize just how "flabby" were the strings, especially for picking. The strings didn't change, my tolerance of them did. Lol. Worthy Clears. Let's hope your experience is better, and I, too, look forward to your video. Can learn from you. Fun!

PS Wait, I have a tenor with Southcoast High-Tension GCEA strings on it. Lemme try, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom