Taimane NAMM 2016 Video

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
:D Love how the instrument is part of her. Breaks all the rules--plays in the cut, dual low and high Gs, guitar strap, thumb pick, dances, etc. You go, Tai! Boom! Thx Kamaka.

Last edited:
She plays dual low low. Strings are from a Savarez 520 P classic guitar set which has plastic wound nylons for the G and B strings (C and E strings on her uke) and metal wound nylon D string (for the low Gs).

She played Sunday at the Ukulele Picnic in Hawai'i and was joined by Kalei Gamiao for a couple of numbers.

And, just to make you jealous, here we are with my autographed CDs.

tsp1ILG.jpg

Mission accomplished: I'm green, greetee. Nice pic. I saw her at Swim Bar, Waikiki, two years ago this month. She was awesome! Her pop and Jazzy's mom were there, too. Met her afterwards, but #camerafail, pics were focused on the Exit sign behind us rather than she and I. :uhoh:

Thanks for string info. Two low Gs...wonder why? I wonder if there's some harmonic (wrong word) there when strummed as such. Good to know which set, too, thanks. So, she had to use two sets of Savarez just to get two identical fat strings to use for low G?

What a great video with Kalei, who I think is a high G artist.

Off topic, but I always wondered how she divvies up the pay with percussionist, Jonathan, and guitarist, Jazzy. Sometimes she performs with one, or the other, sometimes both. Yet, they're not a "band" and people come to see her. I read someplace that Aerosmith, for example, splits group income by dividing it by seven, then two shares each to Steven Tyler and Joe Perry (the principle songwriters and lead vocals and guitarist), with one share of the "pot" going to each Brad Whitford, Joey Kramer, and Brad Hamilton. Fun! Just a nutty morning aside (maybe she just pays Jazzy and Jon--but can she earn enough to do so? Even Jake tours alone...hmmm. Mysterious).

Last edited:
Top Bottom