Kiwaya KTS-7 Solid Mahogany Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
SALE IS BACK ON - AS BEFORE, PRICE WILL BE REDUCED $10 PER DAY UNTIL SOLD - THE LAST PRICE WAS $730 SO THAT IS WHERE IT WILL START OUT THIS GO-AROUND - CURRENT PRICE IS $600 - HOW LOW WILL IT GO?

I am selling my Kiwaya KTS-7 solid mahogany soprano in my ongoing effort to downsize the herd. I purchased the instrument new from HMS and have had it for about 6 months now.

There is one issue that needs to be mentioned. When changing out the strings the last time, I wasn't paying very good attention to the task at hand. The C, E, and A strings did not come out of their slots easily so I, in my haste, gave them a jerk and a bit of the bridge wood came off at the 3 slots on the back side of the bridge. Fortunately, the damage is only cosmetic. The slots are not damaged and there is no issue with the strings being anchored securely. This is clearly shown in the photo below.

Other than the above, the instrument is in excellent condition.

The instrument was set up by HMS and plays very easy. It is currently strung with Martin clear fluorocarbon strings with a wound low G.

A sound sample video is included below.

I upgraded the original tuners to Gotoh UPTs. The original tuners are in the case.

Includes a nice hard shell case as shown in the photos and an Oasis humidifier.

I am asking $600. which will include shipping within CONUS.

I prefer and accept PayPal.

Thanks for looking...!!!

IMG_0517.jpgIMG_0519.jpgIMG_0520.jpgIMG_0521.jpgIMG_0523.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffCHEd7KQtQ&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Here is another photo of the bridge showing more of the top of the bridge. The pieces that came off were actually splinters from the back of the bridge. The strings all anchor just fine.

IMG_0530.jpg

Price reduced to $860 which includes shipping.

Happy Saturday everyone...!!!

It's a nice warm day here in Cincinnati, Ohio...!!!

WDS. It looks like the Kiwaya has the same Low G - seaguard set up as the soprano you sold me in Dec. I am loving it. Unbelievable, beautiful sound. I am still very much a traditional re-entrant player, bu it is nice to have another option and sound. It also works well with playing close (voicing) chords that I enjoy. Great deal on the Kiwaya! I'll be watching!
Jamie

What a fun auction concept. Somebody grab this -- the anticipation is unbearable!

Could that just be varnish that has come off the bridge? It doesn't seem like the wood itself would break off like that.

Could that just be varnish that has come off the bridge? It doesn't seem like the wood itself would break off like that.

It's more than varnish. The pieces that came off are very thin slithers, I'd guess about 1/32" or so thick.

It's more than varnish. The pieces that came off are very thin slithers, I'd guess about 1/32" or so thick.

Do you have the thin pieces, WDS? Does this also have the original Gotoh Deluxe frictions tuners included? Thank you.

It looks like a beautiful day here in Cincinnati. Sunny and milder.

Price reduced to $790 which includes shipping.

How low will it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom