[Give away] IZ - The Songbook Collection

UkeNinja

Reaction score
Hello,

I will send "IZ - The Songbook Collection" to the first member to reply to this message (must have more than 25 posts).

Warning to greedy clickers: this is not just a songbook, it is the SBFOBD, the Songbook Formerly Owned By Deach, and after frolicsome donation by aforementioned party it has taken part in occult rituals observed in the moist but secret hideout of UkeNinja. Thik(?) before you click. You will be receiving an item with history, some of which may be visible (and sometimes smellable, but only if you come too close).

Oh, and it glows a pale green during full moon... don't ask. I did and regretted it.

I should have set a deadline, like "...within exactly one month from now" or something ;)

PM me your address and it's coming your way.

WAITAMINNIT! It's going back to Virginia??? Well, this is going to be a nominee for the "Songbooks with heavy carbon footprints" awards to be held August 20, 2009 at the local community center in Bouvet Island.

Last edited:
I should have set a deadline, like "...within exactly one month from now" or something ;)

PM me your address and it's coming your way.

WAITAMINNIT! It's going back to Virginia??? Well, this is going to be a nominee for the "Songbooks with heavy carbon footprints" awards to be held August 20, 2009 at the local community center in Bouvet Island.

It belongs home here in Virginia. And I promise to let deach borrow it anytime he wants!

Ha! so true. :D Yeah man, UAS ain't great for my carbon footprint neither.

Thanks

Received your IZ songbook today. Very nice. Thanks lots for the book and your kind note.
Really appreciate it. Guess this means I have to practice now so I can even think about playing from the book.

Hello,

I will send "IZ - The Songbook Collection" to the first member to reply to this message (must have more than 25 posts).

Warning to greedy clickers: this is not just a songbook, it is the SBFOBD, the Songbook Formerly Owned By Deach, and after frolicsome donation by aforementioned party it has taken part in occult rituals observed in the moist but secret hideout of UkeNinja. Thik(?) before you click. You will be receiving an item with history, some of which may be visible (and sometimes smellable, but only if you come too close).

Oh, and it glows a pale green during full moon... don't ask. I did and regretted it.

OK

I guess I expected, and respect, your answer as it's the "correct" one. No worries!

[rant]
but... Sheet music should be free,

Just like the book you were sent and didn't pay for.
Like all the books at the library you don't have to pay to read.
Yes, I know the outdated laws that make it "wrong" to share information digitally, but perfectly legal to pass the physical object around.

I'm just sayin'... it's a new world we live in.

I don't blame you for answer you gave, as it is the "correct" answer; But as a Podcaster and webcomic artist who has been giving his work away for years, it just gets my Doctorow all in a twist.

[/rant]

It's all good! hope to see/hear the results of your getting the book on Youtube soon!

JT

Last edited:
Would love to scan it JT, but the book is fairly current (2005) and is copyright protected. Can't do any duplication. Sorry.

scan it send it to me pm style i can keep a secret hehehe :cool:

[rant]

Yes, I know the outdated laws that make it "wrong" to share information digitally, but perfectly legal to pass the physical object around.[/rant]

The key difference here is that, if I give you a book, I no longer have it. With a copy (whether it's digital or otherwise), that's not the case.

Which is why it's called "copyright" and not "possessionright".

And that's fine with me. I think people should have the right to decide how their intellectual property is legally handled. If they want to give it away for free, fine. If not, who am I to say they should?

JJ

The key difference here is that, if I give you a book, I no longer have it. With a copy (whether it's digital or otherwise), that's not the case.

Which is why it's called "copyright" and not "possessionright".

And that's fine with me. I think people should have the right to decide how their intellectual property is legally handled. If they want to give it away for free, fine. If not, who am I to say they should?

JJ

Roger that JJ... I had drunk some "bitter old bastard" Juice before I wrote that reply. Yes, the creator has the right to do what they will with their creations!... but after the creator has passed on...? yeah hmm.. Disney anyone?

JT

OK

I guess I expected, and respect, your answer as it's the "correct" one. No worries!

[rant]

Yes, I know the outdated laws that make it "wrong" to share information digitally, but perfectly legal to pass the physical object around.

I'm just sayin'... it's a new world we live in.

I don't blame you for answer you gave, as it is the "correct" answer; But as a Podcaster and webcomic artist who has been giving his work away for years, it just gets my Doctorow all in a twist.

[/rant]

It's all good! hope to see/hear the results of your getting the book on Youtube soon!

JT

Hey man, I feel your pain. Guess I am just old school. (old, for sure.) Years ago I worked with a church choir and this was always an issue. It was always expensive to buy the music for all the choir members. Lot cheaper to buy one book and make copies for all the singers, but then their was always the ethical challenge of church folks technically breaking the law to sing a sacred song on Sunday morning. And, the song writer and music company would be losing $$. Life ain't simple, is it?

Top Bottom