Your favourite YT uke clip.....

strumtheory

Reaction score
I am sure this may have been done before but what is your absolute all-time favourite YouTube clip involving ukes? :)

This is mine. No matter how many times I watch it it makes me smile. The contrast between the seriousness of the original and this arrangement just rocks :cool:

The Wuthering Heights clip was so enjoyable. They look like they were having a fantastic time. Thanks for sharing this.

This is one of mine.

I can't pick just one video, but one of my favorite UOGB videos is when they do Shack.

Jake's string bends are off the hook!

James Hill. Wooooooo!

Walk Off The Earth - Malvina Reynolds' "Little Boxes"

Stringed instruments from Daddy Mojo in Montreal.

Wow - some awesome vids guys!

Also can anyone let me know the make of the uke at 2:56 in the Wuthering Heights vid? Would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Eddie Thomas and Carl Scott, from 1928.
https://youtu.be/Dj_2LRvUqEU - My Ohio Home
https://youtu.be/wi1_6dzwsNc - Today

From Music and Sound in Documentary Film:

One or more Movietone camera and sound crews seem to have made a tour from Virginia to South Carolina in late November 1928, gathering performances by African-American musicians that were staged in settings that enhanced their authenticity, so newsreel consumers had the sense that they 'were there' as the music was being made...
...At the same time, Carl Scott (ukulele) and Eddie Thomas (washboard) sung and played 'Today' and 'My Old Home' at a location in Richmond, Virginia that could pass for the homestead of the artists (November 21, 1928)

h

Last edited:
Wow - some awesome vids guys!

Also can anyone let me know the make of the uke at 2:56 in the Wuthering Heights vid? Would be appreciated!

That's an Applause by Ovation. As far as I know they don't make them any more. (Still make guitars).

I got my first ukulele in 2007 and not long after I saw the infamous youtube of Jake in Central Park.

I was blown away, like most people, of what was possible on that small instrument. For me it opened up an entire new approach to the ukulele.

Since then there have been numerous performances by various artists, but that one will always be my favorite.

John

I got my first ukulele in 2007 and not long after I saw the infamous youtube of Jake in Central Park.

I was blown away, like most people, of what was possible on that small instrument. For me it opened up an entire new approach to the ukulele.

Since then there have been numerous performances by various artists, but that one will always be my favorite.

John

That is my favorite clip, too. Just a guy and his ukulele on a rock in a park. Yet, doing amazing things.

There are so many that I love, but I hesitate to flood this thread.

Other folks might start to hate me if I did that.

However, here is one that I saw quite some time ago, and woke up with this song in my head this morning, so I'll share it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQTh9vTPKfk

Hard to pick just one, but this is one I keep coming back to watch. It was what first introduced me to Laura Marling. I love the song, her playing, the uke, and even her smile when she makes a small mistake at around 1:10, and at the end of the song. A big thanks to Mya Moe, she is now one of my favorite artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VXMC79twnA

Last edited:
I don't have a single favorite, and I love the videos that have been posted so far in this thread.

If I had to pick one, it would be this video, which came out shortly after I started playing ukulele. It's one of the first of what has become a popular subgenre of combining several performances of a single song in a single video, I love the song, and the video always puts a smile on my face.

I like all of the uke videos that HigeTomoGuitar has posted. He can really burn on the improv! Someday, I'll play like that!

I have a playlist with hundreds of vids but I'll grab a handful that I really enjoy.

Abe Lagrimas Junior - Autumn Leaves

Kris Fuchigami - Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Sara Bareilles covering Chandelier by Sia
(cuss-word alert before she starts singing)

Hula Hi-Fi - Head Over Heels Uke and standup bass is always a winner in my book (and lapsteel).

Brooke Palsson - The Way You Make Me Feel

Ok I'll stop now before I overstay my welcome in this thread. However the OP gave me a great idea for another thread... :cheers:

Top Bottom