best strings for Opio Tenor....

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
..... what have your tried and what do you like best.
Mine came with Worth CT which is kind of a starting point on all my Ukuleles. I like Worth. Next up was Oasis Bright which I really liked better on this ukulele. Now I have Aquila Red and they sound fine but volume is a bit muted. I had no trouble stretching and following the video guide by Aquila.

What are you using and what brings out the best in this ukulele?

Bump....interesting........ I thought a lot of the Tenor Opio's in Sapele we sold by HMS? Or are owner just using Worth stock strings. Think I'm going to try Southcoast, Living Water and Some of Pepe's new Flurocarbon. Also, maybe I will try to get some of the new nylon custom strings from Craig & Sarah? I think they worked with GHS to come up with their own custom sets. On their site they say they are easy player and bright. Always fun trying new string to find the best fit!

I don't think there is a best set of strings. The best strings, are the one's that sound best to you. Each instrument is different, each pair of ears are different each environment is different, each strumming or picking technique is different. Only you can tell which are the best strings for your instrument. Strings are fairly inexpensive, experiment and enjoy the journey.

Last edited:
True, but he was asking what others had tried and liked for this model.

I don't have an Opio, but every uke I've tried Southcoast and Living Water on has liked them, so you can't go wrong with those.

Thanks Jim. That was my intent. Everything is subjective for sure but what are others experience. I have one set left of Southcoast LM's so will try those and will get some living waters also. I have some Martin 620's so t hey will get a go eventually.

Top Bottom