The Return of the Buzzzzzzz

Nickie

Reaction score
I was about to swear off Ohana ukuleles for good. No matter what I did, what my luthier did, we could not stop the buzzes in my Ohana concert uke. He said the neck was so thin that it had warped. The dealer would not help, he said I was hearing "harmonics". I won't mention his name, but he's a burned out rocker who's heard one too many loud gigs. I don't shop there now.
I gave up, and decided it would be a wall hanging, because it's really very pretty.
The other day my luthier suggested I try a new set of strings.
I took the Aquila Lava strings off, they're much to brash on that uke. I just put on a set of Worth Browns.
The Worth strings are way thinner.
The buzzing stopped.
I will never, ever put Aquilas on that uke again. The Browns mellowed it out nicely.
Sometimes a difficult, nagging problem can have the simplest solution.
I'm playing the little Ohana again!

I love a happy ending. :D

Amazing what strings can do. Glad it worked out for you!

Nickie,

I recall you used to love your LAVA strings. Was that with a different instrument?

Welcome to the Dark Side, Dark (Worth Browns) Side that is. MUUUUUAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAA!

I like Worth Browns too on certain instruments.

In general Worth Brown's sound good on just about everything. They're probably my default favorite (as in, if you had to pick just one...)

Only had one set of Worth Browns...too mellow for the instrument they were on. Had to fill or deepen a few nut slots to accommodate Aquilas on a few ukes lately to get rid of a buzz.

First off Nickie, I don't know if it should be legal to change your Avatar. It is like getting a face lift without consulting everyone around you.
Worth Browns are great on my Mainland Tenor.
Aquilas sound awesome on my wife's Mainland Concert.

I like Nickie's avatar. I'm sure that she does too. :)

Thanks everyone! I'm so much happier with this ukulele now.
And yes, I do love my Avatar, and no, I didn't consult a damn soul. I'll be 65 in a few months. I don't give two sh--s what anyone thinks.

Thanks everyone! I'm so much happier with this ukulele now.
And yes, I do love my Avatar, and no, I didn't consult a damn soul. I'll be 65 in a few months. I don't give two sh--s what anyone thinks.

Ha Ha! :rofl:

In 20 yrs or so, I want to me more like you Nickie! :rock:

Top Bottom