FS Kanile'a Concert Honu's Premium Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoloRule

Reaction score
THIS UKE IS SOLD . THANK YOU FOR LOOKING !
Purchased in person at Hawaii Music Supply

Date of Purchase: January 2015 purchased brand new. I am the only owner. I hand carried back to Canada with love and care.

Set-up: I drove this beauty to Master Joel at HMS warehouse location to have further set-up . I have photo to prove it upon request.

Condition: Excellent. Feel and Look Brand New. No dent. No scratch. Always kept inside a case with Oasis Humidifier in a non-smoking home and hardly ever left the house.

Playing Style: I played fingerpicking only therefore there is no hard strumming and the wood probably has not even opened up.

Strings: Worth Clear (DownUpDave can verify as he strung them for me few months earlier)

Size: Concert
Wood: Koa Premium with Honu inlays (Turtles) HIGH GLOSS UV PROTECTED Finished.

Detail description can be found here:
http://www.theukulelesite.com/kanilea-concert-premium-koa-honu-model.html

Sound Sample: This is Aaron playing AFTER I made the purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvCpftSuSag&list=PLsB3mfy7aulgH_-E9NHF_u7tQ57tdodqA

Asking $950 U.S. + shipping
(shipping would be calculated in Cdn $ which is almost 40% below on the U.S. exchange. A huge saving for American even more for UK buyers)
PayPal account.
Case as shown included in price. No scratch. Came with the Uke from HMS.

Today is one of those days, I made up my mind to let go of this beautiful instrument. If I don't do it now, I may never sell it.

Reason: I hardly played because I play only tenor size . Sam13 & DownUpDave can confirm my attachment to this beauty but it's time to let someone else enjoy it instead of sitting in the case.

back.jpgbottom.jpgfront.jpgIMG_6363.jpgside.jpg

Last edited:
I would consider trading with a tenor of similar value when purchased new and in good condition!
Such as Blackbird , Koaloha
If your tenor is of higher value I would pay the different!
Thanks

Last edited:
I have played this Ukulele.

As it was set up at HMS, it has great action and very nice tone. And SoloRule is very careful with keeping her instruments protected and in "like new" shape.

It would be a great buy or trade.

Is this a satin finish? Most of the Kanile'as I have seen have a bright glossy look to them. NICE!!!

Last edited:
Is this a satin finish? Most of the Kanile'as I have seen have a bright glossy look to them.

It's the new UV protected high gloss finish. Thank you for pointing that out in case others thought its satin. It is very high gloss! Very shinny!

This is a high end model, and a great price.. hope nobody takes advantage of her being a gal and low balls her with silly offers :)

This is one of those moments where I'm glad I'm not in North America. :) (Couldn't afford it until later in the year even if taxes and shipping didn't add a third of the price, either.) As much as I'm not into bling, I admit these turtle inlays add a really nice touch. The whole instrument is beautiful, and the price is nice, too. Whoever buys it will be a rather happy (and lucky!) camper, I predict!

Someone just asked me if there are strum marks. I don't strum therefore no strum marks
If you think you saw marks its the lighting. Hard to take close up when the uke is high gloss finish !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom