Live outdoor country music (Duet - Baritone ukulele + Viola) "Come to the River"

kissing

Reaction score
Live outdoor country music (Duet - Baritone ukulele + Viola) "Come to the River"

Hi folks!

I am still rehearsing this song for a close friend's wedding this coming Friday. Here is a recording from our last rehearsal before the real thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Jq6d29fPE

Let us know what you think!

Also first time playing around with battery-powered amplification :)

sounds good - turn up the mic on the viola though... and good luck on the real-life performance! I'm sure you'll do well

Yes, I agree, the viola is too low in the mix and the uke/vocal is too high. Just needs some tweaking and you're there. Love the milk crates.

I agree. I'd like to kindly offer a few suggestions to help you...

The vocal is a bit distorted it seems, especially when you sing the higher notes, and it distracted from the performance.

Maybe pull the mic back about 6-8 inches, or just sing softer. If you are swallowing the mic, or your lips touching it, you are likely too close to it, especially if you are belting it out.

Also singing softer will help you hit those higher notes since you will have more control and more breath.

Not meaning to be critical, and only trying to help, so please don't shoot the messenger.

Kudos to you for sharing the gift of your music for your friend's wedding...

Just my 2 cents. Good luck, and thanks for sharing the video. :)

Top Bottom