FS: Maui Music Deluxe Koa Tenor w/ Oval Sound Hole TK4-DLX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
SOLD: Maui Music Deluxe Koa Tenor w/ Oval Sound Hole TK4-DLX

Beautiful koa deluxe tenor from Maui Music. An excellent sounding koa tenor, hand made in Hawaii by Peter Lieberman. Tone is very rich with nice sustain. The koa on this one is nicely figured. Ebony full body binding with abalone top purfling. The colors in the abalone are brought out even more by the addition of white/green/white wood strip purfling. Oval soundhole adds to the overall character of this ukulele. Bound fretboard has radius for comfortable playing. Tuners are Gotoh UPT's, which are internally geared (4:1) tuners, and are incredibly light and smooth. Overall condition is excellent, with only very minor indications of play. Currently strung with Oasis high g strings. Comes with Oahu hardshell case that is in new condition, as well as an Oasis ukulele humidifier. Serial number 4038.

This was purchased new by me in May 2015 from HMS for $. I'm offering it here for only $ which is inclusive of insured shipping within the U.S. and Paypal fees. This is a great deal for a wonderful hand-made Hawaiian tenor. Please get in touch with any questions you may have. Thanks for looking!

Maui Music_Front Angle.jpgMaui Music_Back Full.jpgMaui Music_Front Full.jpgMaui Music_Head Stock.jpgMaui Music_Sound Hole.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I'm not sure what import taxes or VAT you will be responsible for upon arrival, so you will have to look into that.

19% VAT (based on the value provided on the shipping label, and it is also applied to the shipping and insurance costs) plus around 3.2% import tax for musical instruments (only for the instrument's value). The value information needs to be "realistic", I was told by the customs officer when he inquired about the value of the instrument I had imported. He said, with a "wink" in his voice, that if I say it's $200 and he goes and looks up the manufacturer's site and the price differs substantially, it would be a problem. I took the hint and just gave the proper price I had paid. Lower would probably have been fine, but I didn't want take chances (they were difficult enough already).

The value information needs to be "realistic", I was told by the customs officer when he inquired about the value of the instrument I had imported.
As the instrument in question is a used one, I think it would much harder for a customs officer to figure out if the declared value is "realistic". Anyway, great instrument at a great price. I hope you'll be buying it, Mathias!

Just dropped the price to $ (inclusive of shipping and Paypal). This will be my final price drop. This is an incredible deal for a beautifully appointed hand-made koa tenor and I think the new owner will be quite happy.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Last edited:
This is a great price on a fabulous Ukulele, I know it won't last long now. Good luck Steve.

I've had a few inquiries about possible trades for this beautiful Maui Music tenor. Thanks for the trade offers, but unfortunately I am only looking to sell at the moment.

-Steve

I own a very similar Mau Music tenor, and it is simply the best sounding uke I've ever owned (and I've owned 'em all, trust me :)). The only thing stopping me from buying this one is the fact I already have one!

I own a very similar Mau Music tenor, and it is simply the best sounding uke I've ever owned (and I've owned 'em all, trust me :)). The only thing stopping me from buying this one is the fact I already have one!
haha, that never stopped me.
beautiful uke. somebody buy this so I don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom