Martin Style 3 1920's

Status
Not open for further replies.

scdano

Reaction score
FS Martin Style 3 1920s REVISED 02/26

I'm helping Harris, Russ Morin's wife, move some of Russ' instruments and I figured I'd see if there's any interest here on a few of them. Russ was an avid uke collector, performer and enthusiast. He also built Big Rusty standard and reso ukes, which some of you are familiar with. Anyhow, Russ passed away last September and left behind a large collection of nice vintage ukes. So....just testing the waters here with a 1920s Martin mahogany Style 3. GC/VGC (based on Elderly Instruments grading system), normal wear & tear, no decal on headstock, bar frets w/b/w nut and two stable unrepaired back cracks (common). If there's any interest, I'll post pictures and a price. There are also several Style 0s, 1s & 2s, all GC-VGC with finish wear and stable, unrepaired back cracks as well as a National Mahogony Concert reso in EC.

Last edited:
I'll bet that if you post prices and photos of the ukuleles you mentioned you will get interest and perhaps even sales. I'd like to see if that National Concert Reso is in my budget.

PS: Condolences to Harris. I'm sure this must be a very difficult time. You are a good friend for helping in this time of need.

Last edited:
I'll bet that if you post prices and photos of the ukuleles you mentioned you will get interest and perhaps even sales. I'd like to see if that National Concert Reso is in my budget.
yep............................

I've been known to buy a ukulele. Especially nice ones like that. :)

I think pics would definitely yield results.

I didn't know Russ had passed away. I'm very sorry to hear it. While I didn't know him personally, he contacted me last year about a shared hobby of ours (not ukes). RIP, Mr. Morin.

RIP. I'm interested in the national reso. Can you send some pictures and any pertinent info. Thanks

So, this Martin is for free?

That's right Ukador, it's for free.

Getting back to reality- As I stated in my post, "If there's any interest, I'll post pictures and a price". So far I've not received any inquiries regarding the Style 3 so I haven't gone to the trouble to post more info, pictures or price. I plan to get that uke, as well as the others, posted here as time allows but I've got limited time to devote to this with work, family, etc. Again, I'm helping a friend with this, these are not my ukes. I've already posted a couple to the Marketplace this morning though.

Getting back to reality- As I stated in my post, "If there's any interest, I'll post pictures and a price". So far I've not received any inquiries regarding the Style 3 so I haven't gone to the trouble to post more info, pictures or price. I plan to get that uke, as well as the others, posted here as time allows but I've got limited time to devote to this with work, family, etc. Again, I'm helping a friend with this, these are not my ukes. I've already posted a couple to the Marketplace this morning though.

In the time you took to post this and the original post, you could've easily posted at least a price and likely a pic or 3. Don't be shy. This is a market place.

I sent a pm yesterday - morning, I believe. Did not hear back. Yes, I'm interested.

OK, I got a chance to get the Style 3 out for a closer look. It's in pretty good original shape, but the headstock has been broken and repaired along the scarf joint, like a Gibson. It was repaired with glue and a dowel and is rock solid, but needs to be refinished. Or not. Otherwise, my original description is still accurate. The cracks (one front and two back) are surface only and don't go through to the interior. There are two silver paint streaks across the back that are through the finish but not the wood. String height at the 12th fret is .100" and the tuners are non original. The Martin book identifies this as a 1920-21 model (WBW nut). Style 3 Martins in great condition usually go for over $2K. This one plays and sounds great, and with a little work ($100ish) it could look great. If cosmetics aren't so important this is a steal at $800 + shipping CONUS only. Sorry it took me a while to get this info up but the uke lives across town from me.
s31.jpgs32.jpgs33.jpgs34.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom