PDA

View Full Version : Ko'olau Custom Koa Tenor

jgeary
02-23-2016, 07:37 PM
Custom Tenor Ko’olau T100SP. Solid koa top/back/sides. Maple binding. Purfling. Radiused ebony fingerboard. Ebony bridge. Bone nut and saddle. Cutaway. Gloss. Abalone rosette. Passive pickup (installed by Ko’olau when under construction). Gold tuners and strap button on heel. Pearl fingerboard position dots. Pearl Ko’olau inlay on peghead. Currently strung with Sarah Maisel’s Custom GHS strings, low G. Hard shell Ko’olau case (see note below).

I ordered this Ko’olau about 3 years ago and waited 10+ months for it. The radiused fingerboard was/is very important to me and it plays like butter. Easy on my always-finicky left hand. This is a marvelous tenor. Like new. Still smells new! I’ve played it probably 10 hours, but when I travel I take a much less expensive ‘ukulele. It’s really gorgeous and has a sweet, even tone. I’m selling because I have 3 koa ‘ukuleles and want to have a custom spruce/rosewood made by Ko’olau or possibly a local builder where I live.

The caveat regarding the case – it is the original Ko’olau hardshell case, but, I’ve had numerous artists sign the case. I actually would like to keep the case and could ship the ‘ukulele in a hard-foam Uke Crazy case. A new Ko’olau case currently sells for about $30 more than the Uke Crazy case which I’ve taken into account. Or I’m happy to ship in the Ko’olau case if you prefer.

Based upon the information from Ko’olau, to replace this tenor with all the custom options the current replacement cost would be over $3,400 and about a 10+ month wait as well. I’m asking $2,400 with buyer paying shipping + insurance. 48 hour approval period, and buyer pays return shipping/insurance should you not be delighted for any reason with this ‘ukulele. You won’t find another one like it – and of course it has the beauty and quality of all Ko’olau ukuleles. More pictures available upon request. This is a tremendous deal!

Thanks for looking.

Jill
San Diego