PDA

View Full Version : Bender broke down

Timbuck
02-24-2016, 03:18 AM
After running ok for 7 years bending hundreds of soprano sides the halogen bulb on my Bender finally gave up the ghost ... I think it did well

Kevs-the-name
02-24-2016, 03:37 AM
Im sure with your prowess and expertise.... You'll fix it!

In fact, you'll probebly make it better than before!

Timbuck
02-24-2016, 04:16 AM
Im sure with your prowess and expertise.... You'll fix it!

In fact, you'll probebly make it better than before! nothing to fix ... I just replaced the bulb :D

RichM
02-24-2016, 06:10 AM
I'm sure the Professor can fix him.

http://img.youtube.com/vi/djWS34g0EuU/0.jpg

sequoia
02-24-2016, 05:24 PM
I'd like to chime in here because I have extensive experience changing light bulbs. In my experience light bulbs tend to unscrew in a counter-clockwise fashion (or as the people of Great Britain say - anti-clockwise). Grasp the bulb firmly with your right hand (or left if you are a weird left handed person) and gently twist towards your left. Extract the bulb and insert a new bulb by twisting it in in a clockwise (or clockwise) fashion. Once firmly seated, apply electricity to check your work. I've never found this method to fail. Good luck!

rustycase
02-24-2016, 08:20 PM
I have extensive experience changing light bulbs.

s, if you can also lift a 12ft A-frame ladder, and have a small vehicle to cart it around, you could ask $40/hr for your skills with a 1 hr minimum.
Run a local ad in Craig's thing. It could buy you many ukes !

More free advice from a newbie... Do Not, Ever, sell light bulbs. You will inevitably be blamed when they fail and Will get a warranty call.
On your nickel.

Make a request that the proper parts be present, on site and accessible, when you arrive.

and I am quite serious. :-)

To the OP... Those halogen light fixtures sourced from our favorite manufacturing colossus in the East has experienced higher costs, themselves, and those fixtures which once came with a spare bulb have now doubled in price, and there is no longer a spare that comes with them.
Gosh, they were a great value when they went on sale for $6, from time to time.
Best
rc

Timbuck
02-24-2016, 10:11 PM
I think there is a misunderstanding of the halogen type I use for the heat source ..its like this one only I use 240V @ 500W .. So! no screwing :)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc143/shiregreenbod/bulb_zps1n9nnzat.jpg (http://s219.photobucket.com/user/shiregreenbod/media/bulb_zps1n9nnzat.jpg.html)

Andyk
02-24-2016, 10:36 PM
... How many uke builders does it take to change a light bulb?...

Titchtheclown
02-24-2016, 10:46 PM

Not required, they just let their inner light shine.

SkiAloha
02-25-2016, 01:29 AM

x = [P(V/R)]/T

Let P = Number of Posters to this thread
Let V = Number of Views to this thread
Let R = Number of Replies to this thread
Let T = Ken Timms

TjW
02-25-2016, 03:33 AM
Just one. But they have to make a jig, first.

Vespa Bob
02-25-2016, 04:26 AM
Only one, but he'll have to make a jig first!

Bob

Vespa Bob
02-25-2016, 04:28 AM
Darn, got in before me!

Bob

Andyk
02-25-2016, 04:54 AM
well the answer I was thinking of when I wrote the question was

"one ... but the bulb manufacturer changed there process and the light produced by the replacement bulb is totally different to the previous and the builder now has to change their way of working (probably with a jig or two) ... of course this is after plenty of research on a few forums first... (what? you haven't been to those light bulb forums yet? ... you haven't lived!) etc. etc. etc."

but hey ... we got to Ken's post about his blown light bulb to 2 pages and a couple of hundred views so hey ... happy Thursday everyone. :)

Titchtheclown
02-25-2016, 05:53 AM
I thought Pete's advice was to build light....

ksquine
02-25-2016, 07:02 AM
There must be a joke about a "dim bulb" in here somewhere

Bad Juju
02-25-2016, 10:38 AM
So! no screwing :)

I don't know why you're smiling. That is so depressing. Although... I can's seem to recall why... :confused:

sequoia
02-25-2016, 05:00 PM

Appoximately 100. 1 to change the light bulb and 99 to tell him he is doing it the wrong way.