Dang it Fender!

Reaction score
I'm not doing very well at picking a ukulele. I first got a Fluke, not the sound I was looking for. So, I research and choose the new Fender. I know several of you are already thinking I'm crazy, but in my defense it had the words fender right on it...in gold. Well, it arrived yesterday, I took off work a little early to greet it at the door. At first glance, it's a koa laminate and very pretty, then there was the rattle. "Oh, it's probably just the silica bag," it was, but why was it still rattling. Then a little wood screw falls out of the sound hole. I looked at my wife, "That can't be good." The sadness continues. There was a bubble in the finish that had been attempted to buff out. The headstock had a white streak on the top, like it had been bumped against a freshly painted hard something. Then, the best and grossest. On the back, under the finish was a little, curly, black hair. It makes me wonder what method of hand rubbing is going on there. Anyway, I'm returning the Fender and continuing my search for a tenor. This shouldn't be this hard, but picking out the right instrument online can be a challenge. Well, I refuse to quit and in the immortal and over-acted words of Daniel Day Lewis, "I WILL FIND YOU!"

Be good,
Jon

Sorry about your luck. This is acctually the first negative thing I have heard about these Fender ukes. I guess they can't all be perfect.

For you price point you should be able to find a pretty good all solid or at leat solid top Tenor uke. Check out MGM he has excelent set ups and customer service.

.... Then, the best and grossest. On the back, under the finish was a little, curly, black hair. It makes me wonder what method of hand rubbing is going on there....

LOL! Sorry you are having bad luck in your search. This is the first negative thing I've heard about the Fender. I have one and I love it. Good luck on your quest.

On the back, under the finish was a little, curly, black hair. It makes me wonder what method of hand rubbing is going on there.
Hand? When I read about the hair, I got this image of the REAL meaning of "uke p***..."

Oh dude, that's NASTY for you! Way funny for everyone else though :p I have the koa laminate Fender and I luvs it, but not that way!

I seriously LOL'd when I read about the hair :p

Sorry about the bad luck though. You might want to try a Kala or Ohana. I think they would fit your sound preferences...

bad luck! buying instore always wins over buying online, for obvious reasons. I've only heard good things about MGM though. He personally checks every uke himself before it's shipped out.

I'm not doing very well at picking a ukulele. I first got a Fluke, not the sound I was looking for. So, I research and choose the new Fender. I know several of you are already thinking I'm crazy, but in my defense it had the words fender right on it...in gold. Well, it arrived yesterday, I took off work a little early to greet it at the door. At first glance, it's a koa laminate and very pretty, then there was the rattle. "Oh, it's probably just the silica bag," it was, but why was it still rattling. Then a little wood screw falls out of the sound hole. I looked at my wife, "That can't be good." The sadness continues. There was a bubble in the finish that had been attempted to buff out. The headstock had a white streak on the top, like it had been bumped against a freshly painted hard something. Then, the best and grossest. On the back, under the finish was a little, curly, black hair. It makes me wonder what method of hand rubbing is going on there. Anyway, I'm returning the Fender and continuing my search for a tenor. This shouldn't be this hard, but picking out the right instrument online can be a challenge. Well, I refuse to quit and in the immortal and over-acted words of Daniel Day Lewis, "I WILL FIND YOU!"

Be good,
Jon
Sorry to hear about your luck. Have you tried contacting MGM? He has a good size inventory and will answer any questions you have. Outstanding customer service on top of that . . .

I refuse to quit and in the immortal and over-acted words of Daniel Day Lewis, "I WILL FIND YOU!"
...Jon

Great Movie reference! Last of the Mohicans... I enjoyed it more than any other film he has made.

Top Bottom