Another Butchered Martin

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ugliest one I've seen yet. A cutout soundhole for a guitar sound hole pickup and CONTACT PAPER!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but how does it SOUND? :rolleyes: :shaka:

I hate to say it but the contact paper makes it look like an OXK .:biglaugh:

But...but...it looks like genuine Brazilian rosewood contract paper! Rare.

Even if it sounds better, it's still a hack job on a decent vintage instrument. Oh well...

Note to self: order bubingawood contact paper for car's dashboard.

That mutilated soundhole does hurt. Why would people do that? There are pickup solutions, permanent or temporary, that don't require the near-destruction of the instrument.

Note to self: order bubingawood contact paper for car's dashboard.

I was thinking my Subaru Outback was in the need of a woody wagon overhaul.

Once again it shows that beauty is in the eye..and ear,,, of the beholder. I was given the body of a Kala baritone where the electronics had been removed and put in a Martin baritone. It seemed about as appropriate as a porkchop in a mosque. There are some far out modifications to cars, trucks and motorcycles, so why not ukuleles?. Some call this making a good thing even better.

OMG... this is abuse! It must not have looked or sounded very well when she got it. I'd love to take it away from her, and give her 40 lashes with a wet C string!
There's no way on god's green pastures this makes a Martin any better.

How do we know the sound-hole was cut like that for a pickup? A sound hole pickup will not even work with nylon strings....Magnetic pickups need metal strings. Maybe the hole just got damaged somehow? Hm...If someone intentionally cut it like that hoping to amplify it with a mag pickup......errr....yeah...tough mistake.

Some people must like/want it. It is over $150 on eBay now. At 50 I would have been tempted to get it and put a sinker redwood sound board on. Hope who ever gets it informs us as to corrective surgery or just a sound bite as is.

Top Bottom