Makers of radiused fingerboard ukes?

whistleman123

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered before. If it has, please direct me to the thread because I can't find it.
I'm thinking about upgrading my uke and would like to try one with a radiused finger board.
What makers offer a soprano with radiused finger board?
Thanks

Pono Pro Classic series.

Peter Lieberman of Maui Music has been doing a radius fretboard for 25 years......one of the few production ukes with it....

Mr whistleman123 is asking about SOPRANO ukes with a radius..........is that correct sir.

Sorry if this has been answered before. If it has, please direct me to the thread because I can't find it.
I'm thinking about upgrading my uke and would like to try one with a radiused finger board.
What makers offer a soprano with radiused finger board?
Thanks

What's your planned budget?

Most customs have that as an option or standard.

I don't think you will make it happen for that little.

How about a Maui Music by Peter Lieberman? His Ukes have a radius neck and would be more affordable than a Mya Moe.

Contact Andrew at HMS.

I think most luthiers who do custom work can do a radius fingerboard for very little additional cost, and $750 for a soprano is reasonable.

You can certainly expect Cocobolo Ukuleles to build you a soprano for less than that. My concert size cost under that, even with all the geegaws and a hard foam case with shipping.

You can certainly expect Cocobolo Ukuleles to build you a soprano for less than that. My concert size cost under that, even with all the geegaws and a hard foam case with shipping.

I agree with Nickie. I believe that Cocobolo Ukes are going for around $399 plus an additional $40 for a hard case and $20 worldwide shipping...I believe those are the costs...I was just checking them out and seem to remember those numbers. Right now, I saw that they have some tenors on sale for $349 and $379...worth a look. On their website they have tons of pics and sound clips if you're interested. Good luck on your search.

I think most luthiers who do custom work can do a radius fingerboard for very little additional cost, and $750 for a soprano is reasonable.

whistleman 123, there are no "production" sopranos with a radius fretboard that I know of. Pono is the only "production" manufacture that I am aware of that offers a radius fretboard. That is on tenors and one model of concert but no sopranos. This leaves custom builders as your only option.

Mya Moe and Maui music are out of your price range. Cocobolo Ukes and BlackBearUkes whom I quoted above would build a nice soprano with a radius fretboard in your price range. You might want to send BlackBearUkes a PM and ask him some questions directly.

Best of luck with your search

Last edited:
Mabuhay Ukuleles are said to come with radiused fretboards on soprano scale (they don't mention this on their website, I've heard it from a dealer) - and they are actually well below you price point.

I've only seen a concert so far and that one had a radius for sure...
mabuhay_IMK31461-800.jpg

Last edited:
I have a concert from LoPrinzi and love it. They also make soprano's.

Not a rhetorical question: Does a radius fretboard make sense with a soprano?

I'd assume that depends on neck width and radius applied - and personal preference, as usual. But it might as well be some kind of snake oil voodoo...

Top Bottom