Repurposing Your Uke

Peace Train

Reaction score
What a great way to repurpose your old/unplayable instruments!

I'm thinking a whole uke wall of these with the addition of led lighting to the back of the neck (or fretboard face) would create an additionally cool glow.

It seems the artist is using art glass purchased at their local craft store to create lighting out of worn stringed instruments and drums. A fun project for the crafty!

REPURPOSE DRUM.jpgREPURPOSE VW.jpgrepurpose stones.jpg

Anyone who's eaten at Abuelita's Restaurant in Topanga, California will recognize these since the restaurant has similar (if not the same artist's) lighting hanging from their walls. I came across this on facebook and managed to track it down to the source.

super cool - very creative!

Awesome! I was thinking of getting a couple of the clear plastic ukes and putting some led lighting in them to hang on the wall :)

Very cleaver idea.

Looks neat.

IIRC when the Makala Waterman first came out, someone on UU posted a pic of a clear one with some X-mas lights inside...

LED or Christmas lights are cool ideas for inside plastic ukes. I wrap battery-powered lighting around my djembe when playing in group, or in outside drum circles around the holidays.

I like that video xommen. Just wondering what it sounds like when he breaks out the drums?! :uhoh:

Top Bottom