Banjo uke friendly!?

blein13

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the UU but have been playing on some ukes for a few years. A while ago I came across a Robert E Pearson banjo ukulele and I've wanted to restore it.
I'm curious if anyone has experience with similar instruments, and if this is the right venue for interested people? I posted it on a banjo site and the response was underwhelming.Pearson (46).JPGPearson (3).jpgPearson (51).JPGPearson (82).JPGPearson (104).JPG

Hi All,

I'm new to the UU but have been playing on some ukes for a few years. A while ago I came across a Robert E Pearson banjo ukulele and I've wanted to restore it.
I'm curious if anyone has experience with similar instruments, and if this is the right venue for interested people? I posted it on a banjo site and the response was underwhelming.View attachment 88743View attachment 88744View attachment 88745View attachment 88746View attachment 88747

About now you will be feeling even more underwhelmed :rolleyes: There are quite a few people here who own/play BU's, but no doubt the site is predominantly ukulele. So from one enthusiast to another, Welcome! Having restored and built a number of Ukulele banjos the biggest hurdle you are likely to have, at least from the photographs, is the fretboard. It has obviously been well played ( a good sign) as evidenced by the divots. Personally I would simply remove the old FB and replace it. The rest of the instrument appears to be in pretty good condition. The head seems to be without any rips from what I can see, even so replacing a new calfskin vellum is relatively straightforward. Give the hardware a polish up and you're good to go. I am not familiar with the Pearson models but it appears to be reasonably well made. Feel free to pm me or email me (email in Sig) if I can be of any help.

Last edited:
Thanks very much Dennis! You answered my biggest question about the neck/ fingerboard. I'll get to work!

Top Bottom